PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- National Constitution Center Welcomes John Burk and Maureen O'Connell. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p20
This article announces the hiring of John Burk as Development Information Manager and Maureen O'Connell as Membership Manager at the National Constitution Center in Pennsylvania.
- People in the News. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p8
Career developments involving executives in the U.S. are discussed. Robert Gruen and Kenneth Armstrong named as executive vice presidents of Borders Group Inc. in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Maureen O'Connell appointed as executive vice president, chief administrative officer and chief financial...
- MAUREEN O'CONNELL, 29. Ives, Nat // Advertising Age;8/1/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 31, p4
Focuses on the career of Maureen O'Connell, the sales development director of "Domino," the shopping magazine from Conde Nast Publications. Promotion of O'Connell from a junior position; Remarks from Beth Fuchs Brenner, Domino's vice-president publisher, regarding O'Connell.
- O'Connell Leaves B&N. // Publishers Weekly;9/16/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 37, p9
Reports the resignation of Maureen O'Connell as executive vice-president for finance at Barnes & Noble. Research company where O'Connell will transfer; Executive who will replace her; Background on O'Connell's contribution to the company.
- NEWSMAKERS. // Television Week;11/8/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p16
Presents an update on executive appointments in the television broadcasting sector in the U.S. as of November 2004. Maureen O'Connell at News Corp.; David Ellen at Cable Systems Corp.; Janet Eng at Sony Pictures Television International.
- GARTNER'S MAUREEN O'CONNELL: Be a Business Partner First. Dzinkowski, Ramona // Strategic Finance;Sep2003, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p34
The interview is with Maureen O'Connell, chief financial officer of Gartner Inc., an information technology service, consulting, and research company. She talks about the role of chief financial officers in the United States, maximizing shareholder value, the relationship between internal and...
- Republicans bounce back in special elections. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/10/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p11A
The article focuses on the special elections in Nassau and Suffolk counties in New York. Maureen O'Connel was decided to leave the Assembly in Nassau County. Tom Barraga has won the elections and left the Assembly on December 31, 2005. The special elections were conducted a few months after the...
- Harcourt toots silver whistle. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;3/25/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 13, p12
States that Paula Wiseman, executive editor for Harcourt Brace Children's Books, will be the editorial director of Silver Whistle in 1997.
- Update. Flax, Peter // Mother Jones;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p19
Reports on the termination of the partnership of Lauren Belvin and Maureen O'Connell as co-owners of an antique shop. Conflict of interest between the two partners.