Call for �20bn stimulus
- New roads, courthouse and garda station� all in Howlin's back yard. Ken Foxe // Mail on Sunday;7/29/2012, p14
AT LEAST 25% of the Government's �2.25bn stimulus plan will be spent in the back yard of the minister who announced the plan.
- Treasury faces £75bn bill for QE bonds sale. // Daily Mail;3/14/2013, p72
UNWINDING the £375bn quantitative easing monetary stimulus programme could take a £75bn chunk out of the public finances over two years, the Bank of England has said, writes Rob Davies.
- Miners boosted by Fed's QE measures. // Daily Mail;9/15/2012, p93
MINERS enjoyed huge gains on the Footsie yesterday, with the top ten increasing in value by nearly �9bn between them thanks to stimulus measures in the US.
- End the spending. // Mail on Sunday;7/22/2012, p66
I'M SCEPTICAL about the Government's �2bn stimulus plan. For a start, a large part of the money has yet to be secured, so it's more of a wish-list than a plan.
- Rail to benefit from Obama stimulus. // Railway Gazette International;Feb2009, Vol. 165 Issue 2, p25
The article reports on the effort of U.S. President Barack Obama to push ahead with legislation to fund a national economic stimulus package. The administration reportedly wants to see the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act passed by both the House and Senate in Congress and be ready for the...
- Riggio in the Barnes & Noble Driver's Seat. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/9/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 31, p5
The article relates the speculations of market analysts that Len Riggio is the likely candidate to purchase Barnes & Noble (B&N) in 2010. It mentions that the privatization of B&N is attributed to low stock price. The lawsuit filed by Ron Burkle and his Yucaipa American Management company, the...
- Computing a generative model for neural codes. Herrera Jr., Carlos M.; Luce, Curtis T.; Song, Joe; Di Lorenzo, Patricia M. // BMC Neuroscience;2008 Supplement 1, Vol. 9, Special section p1
Introduction Part of neuroscience is to understand the link between biophysical events that occur within a neuron and the information that is passed from one neuron to another. There are two theories for neural activities. The label line theory suggests that a neuron, or a group of neurons,...
- Investors calling for Glencore to up bid. // Daily Mail;7/4/2012, p65
THE pressure on Glencore to sweeten its �45bn merger with Xstrata has been cranked up, as a major investor backed Qatar's call for better terms.
- Barclays' finance chief to step down. Rob Davies // Daily Mail;2/ 4/2013, p61
BARCLAYS' finance chief Chris Lucas, under investigation over the bank's �7.3bn cash call in 2008, is to retire.