If we're going to watch the news, let's make it pretty
- Making a News Empire. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;6/6/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 23, p15
Discusses the strategy of TV stations in competing in the TV news industry in New York City, New York. Celebration of the anniversary of news anchor team Sue Simmons and Chuck Scarborough; Changes in the evening-news team of TV station WCBS; Plans of TV station WPIX to renovate its set and...
- D.C. anchor shift. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;04/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 15, p32
Highlights the changes in WJLA-TV's anchor desk in Washington, D.C. Shift from the standard male-female model to two females anchoring; Maureen Bunyan as Kathleen Matthews' co-anchor; Newsman Paul Berry's departure from the anchor desk.
- NEWS IN PRIME TIME. Dolan, Tom // Columbia Journalism Review;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p98
Focuses on the findings of a study by the Project for Excellence in Journalism on primetime television (TV) newscasting in the United States. Significance of TV anchors; Importance of in-depth investigations and interviews in daily news reporting; Original styles of reporting used by various TV...
- Station Break. TRIGOBOFF, DAN // Broadcasting & Cable;12/11/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 51, p33
Presents updates on television stations in the United States for the week of December 11, 2000. Decision of Miami, Florida-based WAMI television station to discontinue its news broadcast following its sale to Univision; News anchors selected by WBBM in Chicago, Illinois.
- Out With the Old, In With the News. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;5/26/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 20, p8
The article reports on the growing demand from young consumers for television stations to make significant changes in local news content. Topics discussed include the decrease in percentage of people who regularly watch local news by 6 percent from 2006 to 2012, the decision of some TV stations...
- A DOMINANT DECADE. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;12/9/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 50, p6
The article reports on the consideration of Katie Couric, an NBC anchor, of an offer by CBS in the U.S. The offer is a newscast for Couric alone that would cost 20 million dollars. She admitted that she is still weighing the advantages and disadvantages of the said offer. Couric denied that her...
- CNN nabs Eye anchor. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;2/2/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 24, p4
The article reports on the transfer of news anchor John Roberts to CNN in the U.S. Roberts was chief White House correspondent for CBS News. He is also one of the most recognized correspondent in the network. He will become the senior national correspondent in the new network. Moreover, he will...
- Abrams aboard at WCBS. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;4/2/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 70, p14
Reports on the appointment of anchorwoman Roz Abrams by WCBS television station to join forces with Ernie Anastos as co-anchor for the newcasts in New York City.
- Zahn, Cooper Prime Time News Shows Off to Slow Starts as CNN Revamp Continues. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;9/22/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 38, p10
Reports on the launching of "Anderson Cooper 360," a television news program anchored by Anderson Cooper from CNN. Other news programs of CNN; Viewership rating of the program.