Taking home the right vintage
- Searching for wine tips on the Internet turns up sour grapes. Lavallee, Derek M. // Hill;9/17/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 104, p23
The article offers information on the website for wine recommendation.
- Opportunity on the grapevine. Chandler, Ainslie // BRW;5/7/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p24
The article focuses on how Tim Althaus started his online wine-retailing business Secret Vines. It notes that his business is influenced by the death of his close friend and by his decision to resign as business manager of Primo Estate Wines. It says that the original plan of Althaus to focus on...
- Wine. // Restaurant Magazine;Sep2014, Issue 241, p40
The article reports on the increased sales of wine in various wine companies in Great Britain and includes information on the beneficial impact of restaurant outlets that served wines.
- Summer wine promotion boosts sales by +3000% for IGL. // Travel Markets Insider Newsletter;11/13/2015, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p5
The article focuses on the summer wine promotion which lead to the increase in sales of wine in the Importations Guay LtÃ©e duty free store.
- Netto wertet Weinsortiment auf. Manuela, Ohs // Lebensmittel Zeitung;4/4/2014, Issue 14, p4
The article announces that the German discount store chain Netto upgrades its wine selection in its stores and its online wine shop.
- Vente-privee.com to launch wine flash sales in the UK. McKenna, Gemma // Harpers Wine & Spirit;Mar2014, Issue 115, p37
The article focuses on the launch of wine flash sales in the Britain by online wine retailer Vente-privee.com Ltd. It mentions that the retailer is planning up to eight sales a month by offering regular discounts of around 40 percent. Topics discussed include strategic partnership with major...
- US and emerging markets push imported spirits' growth. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;6/19/2012, p2
The article discusses England-based International Spirits and Wines Records (ISWR) 2011 data on the global spirits market. ISWR noted a 4.3% year-on-year increase in global consumption of imported spirits in 2011, with the U.S. posting the largest growth market with a 3.9-million-case...
- STUDIES ON GLOBAL TRENDS IN WINE MARKETING. JITĂREANU, Andy Felix // Agronomy Series of Scientific Research / Lucrari Stiintifice Ser;2012, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p89
Given the complex nature of the product itself and of the market for wine, plus the fact that research has only relatively recently begun to understand wine consumer behavior, wine is one of the most difficult consumer products to market. Wine growing has become identified as an important tool...
- SNAPSHOT OF THE GLOBAL WINE MARKET. Kaufman, Matthew // International Journal of Accounting Information Science & Leader;Sep2011, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p14
The wine industry has undergone tremendous change in the last 30 years. Countries have emerged to become major players in the market. Chile, Argentina, New Zealand, Australia, Spain and Portugal are some of the new players and have been able to compete with the old guard: Italy, France, Germany...
- Maxxium pushes hard in Americas TR while its largest brand awaits sale. // Travel Markets Insider Magazine;Fall2007, p92
The article focuses on the sales growth of the Absolut vodka brand from Maxxium Travel Retail Americas. Its sale is expected to potentially change immeasurably the future viability of the Maxxium organization. The organization is in the position to grow in 2008. Its U.S. airport business...