- Help! Levin, Dr. // Scholastic Choices;Sep95, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p36
Answers questions from teenagers about love and sex. Sex with boyfriend; Fear of rejection from friend; Confusion about love.
- Informing young people about STIs and contraception. Voogd, Caroline // British Journal of School Nursing;Feb2015, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p43
The article focuses on various resources and data on sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and contraception for school nurses and young people in Great Britain. It cites the role played by school nurses in ensuring the sexual health of young people through health promotion, safe sex advice,...
- Teenage Relationships and Sex Education. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/10/89, Vol. 261 Issue 10, p1428
Discusses the abstract of a research study concerning teenage relationships and sex education. Consequences of early intercourse on women; Common age when men have intercourse; Medical risks associated with serial monogamy, where each partner is indirectly exposed to their partners' previous...
- Give good information to debunk web myths. // Contraceptive Technology Update;Jul2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p78
The author discusses the accuracy of web sites regarding teenage sexual health and suggests reliable sites.
- sites we like. Thompson, Rachel // Herizons;Spring2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p8
Reviews several web sites. Information on sex and sexuality for teenagers on the web site www.scarleteen.com; Information on parenting on the web site www. ppfc.ca; Information available on the web site for Canadian Feminist Alliance for International Action.
- The Sex Education of Adolescents. Zaitsev, G.K.; Zaitsev, A.G.; Khaptanova, T.G. // Russian Education & Society;Mar2003, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p30
Analyzes a study conducted to find out the need for sex education among teenagers in Russia. Factors responsible for the need of sex education among teenagers; Psychological reasons for the rise of negative tendencies in children.
- What do teens want to know about sex? Monroe, Judy // Current Health 2;Nov96 Supplement, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the significant information about sex education teenagers must know. Definition of libido; Difference between sex and love; Safe sex; Sexually transmitted diseases; Contraceptives as risk factors for HIV; Condoms.
- Healthy early-adolescent development (11-13 years olds): Implementing a human sexuality... Dycus, Sandra; Costner, Gwyn M. // Elementary School Guidance & Counseling;Oct90, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p46
Discusses the implementation of human sexuality curriculum and a pilot program for seventh grade in Rutherford County School System, Tennessee in 1985. Background on the development the county human sexuality curriculum in 1984; Informed parental choice; Conducting sessions in small and same...
- Sex miseducation. Kirby, Douglas // Mother Jones;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p48
Examines the article of Barbara Dafoe Whitehead on the parents' influence on the sex education of teenagers in United States, published in the 1993 `Atlantic Monthly' periodical. Scientific evidence that government's program on sex education are not effective; Programs based on established...