AGING, SEXUALITY, AND HIV ISSUES AMONG OLDER GAY MEN
- POINT/COUNTER. Walent, Ronald J.; Bedino, Roger // Hem/Onc Today;9/25/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p11
The article presents a debate on how clinicians must manage non-active immunodeficiency virus (AIDS) defining cancers in aging patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
- Duty to Warn in the Context of HIV/AIDS- Related Psychotherapy: Decision Making Among Psychologists. DiMarco, Michael; Zoline, Susan S. // Counseling & Clinical Psychology Journal;May2004, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p68
The purpose of this research study was to investigate psychologists' (N = 84) perceptions of their duty to warn uninformed sex partners of an HIV-positive psychotherapy client reporting unsafe sexual practices. This study surveyed factors that psychologists take into consideration when...
- Recommendations for increasing the use of HIV/AIDS resource allocation models. Lasry, Arielle; Richter, Anke; Lutscher, Frithjof // BMC Public Health;2009 Supplement 1, Vol. 9, Special section p1
Background: Resource allocation models have not had a substantial impact on HIV/AIDS resource allocation decisions in spite of the important, additional insights they may provide. In this paper, we highlight six difficulties often encountered in attempts to implement such models in policy...
- The Complexity of Women's Lives: Decision-making about Maternal HIV Disclosure. Dass-Brailsford, Priscilla; Eckman, Anne; Kwasnik, David // Current Psychology;Dec2014, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p557
HIV/AIDS has reached epidemic levels in Washington, D.C. and mothers living with HIV increasingly have to make difficult decisions about whether or not to disclose their HIV status to their children. Focus groups were conducted with a sample of women ( N = 15) living in Washington, D.C. to...
- Spousal Communication Regarding AIDS Prevention in Kenya: The Role of Age and Education Gap between Partners. Ksobiech, Kate; Chiao, Chi; Mishra, Vinod // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2009, p1
The absence of dyadic AIDS prevention communication may be associated with high HIV rates among cohabiting African couples. This study examined socio-demographic characteristics (including spousal age/education gap and female decision-making level) and dyadic AIDS prevention communication of...
- Health and Development of Gay and Lesbian Youths: Implications for HIV/AIDS. Perrin, Ellen C.; Sack, Stanley // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Apr98, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p303
Focuses on the sexual behavior of gay and lesbian youths as it relates to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and the acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). How to determine the prevalence of homosexuality; What causes the development of secondary sexual characteristics; Identification...
- AIDS is far from over. Boyce, Nell // U.S. News & World Report;02/19/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p56
Discusses HIV and AIDS in the United States as of February, 2001. Possible increase in the rate of HIV infections; Rate of HIV among the gay community; Thought that the public does not treat HIV or AIDS as seriously since the development of drugs which can control the disease.
- ARTHRITIC PAIN, AGING, AND PSYCHOMOTOR DECLINE IN PEOPLE WITH HIV. David E.#Vance // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Apr2005, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p330
Arthritic pain and subsequent immobility are common in people with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and in persons of older ages. It is hypothesized that such pain may contribute to psychomotor impairment commonly observed with HIV and aging. Empirical evaluation of this hypothesis among older...
- cne QUIZ. // Journal of Gerontological Nursing;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p26
A quiz concerning human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in older adults is presented.