Grabbing the Important Stuff: Traders Reflect Post-9-11
- Bond Pro Is Still Running. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p1
Profiles William R. Hough, securities broker and founder of William R. Hough & Co. in Florida. Experience of Hough in the business bond market; Impetus to the interest in the sector; Reason of Hough for selling his firm.
- Yields Mostly Rise. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/9/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 38, p11
The article reports on the increase of bond buyers average yields due to the reverse of market firmness in the U.S. Fred Yosca, managing director of BNY Capital Markets Mellon, stated that many of the dealers have interested to avail the bonds such as 20-bond index, 11-bond index, revenue bond...
- We're looking at 'forgotten' balance sheet investing. Corbin, David; Villegas, Melissa // Fort Worth Business Press;10/01/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p47
Provides information on the philosophy called "balance sheet investing." Tenet of the philosophy; Information on the success of eSpeed, an electronic bond trading firm; Benefits of using leverage and lower borrowing costs to investors.
- Florida. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p28
Reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in Florida as of August 14, 1997. Cooperation between Jim Eaton in the investigation of bond deals in the region; Broward County's search for a new administrator; Joe Gersten's request for a refugee status in Australia.
- Florida. McKenna, Jon; Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p28
Reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in Georgia as of August 14, 1997. Appointment of David Lucas as manager of Interstate/Johnson Lane's Macon brokerage branch; Individuals honored at the Atlanta Municipal Bond Club's annual gathering.
- From the TM3 wire. Sherman, Lynn; Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p3
Presents news relevant to the bond market in the United States as of October 14, 1997. Expansion of the variable-rate demand obligations of Standard & Poor; Implementation of a tax credit program in Maryland; Positive earnings for utility sector bonds for the third quarter of 1997.
- Credit takes backseat as Colorado, Arkansas players look to maximize yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p11
Reports on bond market updates in the Southwestern States as of October 14, 1997. Decrease of credit standards by retail investors in Colorado to extend bond maturities; Market factors affecting bond yields in Arkansas.
- Southwest bond-watch. Sanders, Lisa; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p30
Presents bond market updates in the Southwestern States as of October 14, 1997. Includes the approval of an infrastructure bond issue in Conway, Arkansas; Rating given by Fitch Investors Service to the revenue bonds of the Kansas Development Finance Authority; Bond authorization of the...
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p32
Presents statistics of bond market updates in the United States as of October 14, 1997. Market indicators; Visible supply fluctuations; Municipal bond index.