Grabbing the Important Stuff: Traders Reflect Post-9-11
- Bond Pro Is Still Running. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p1
Profiles William R. Hough, securities broker and founder of William R. Hough & Co. in Florida. Experience of Hough in the business bond market; Impetus to the interest in the sector; Reason of Hough for selling his firm.
- Yields Mostly Rise. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/9/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 38, p11
The article reports on the increase of bond buyers average yields due to the reverse of market firmness in the U.S. Fred Yosca, managing director of BNY Capital Markets Mellon, stated that many of the dealers have interested to avail the bonds such as 20-bond index, 11-bond index, revenue bond...
- We're looking at 'forgotten' balance sheet investing. Corbin, David; Villegas, Melissa // Fort Worth Business Press;10/01/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p47
Provides information on the philosophy called "balance sheet investing." Tenet of the philosophy; Information on the success of eSpeed, an electronic bond trading firm; Benefits of using leverage and lower borrowing costs to investors.
- Florida. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p28
Reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in Florida as of August 14, 1997. Cooperation between Jim Eaton in the investigation of bond deals in the region; Broward County's search for a new administrator; Joe Gersten's request for a refugee status in Australia.
- Florida. McKenna, Jon; Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p28
Reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in Georgia as of August 14, 1997. Appointment of David Lucas as manager of Interstate/Johnson Lane's Macon brokerage branch; Individuals honored at the Atlanta Municipal Bond Club's annual gathering.
- From the TM3 wire. Louis, Brian; Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;10/24/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30259, p2
Presents news briefs related to the bond market in the United States as of October 24, 1997. Includes New York City's sale of tax-exempt new-money and refunding general obligation bonds; Treasury Secretary Robert Rubin's stress on the importance of fast track trade legislation to the US global...
- Munis, treasuries take a thumping; unease makes for an `ugly' market. Louis, Brian; Rannazzisi, Julie; Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p1
Focuses on the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States in light of the political crisis in Washington D.C. Performance of Treasury bills; Performance of secondary municipal bonds; Total worth of bid-wanted lists; Performance of term bonds.
- Market statistics. Lulkovich, Joan // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p32
Presents bond market figures in the United States as of January 26, 1998. Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Municipal market yields; Visible supply rises; New-issue balances; Reoffering yields; Futures markets; Municipal bond...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p27
Reports on several developments related to bond markets in south-eastern states of the United States as of January 16, 2003. Priorities for the governor of Florida Jeb Bush in his second term; Proposal of the governor of Mississippi Ronnie Musgrove to sell several bond issues to support...