When Attacks Threatened Markets, Fed Vice Chairman Took the Reins
- Announcements. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Dec2003, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p493
Reports on developments on the U.S. Federal Reserve Board, compiled as of December 2003. Appointment of Roger W. Ferguson as vice chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; Decision of the Federal Open Market Committee to keep its target for federal funds at one percent;...
- Recaps. // Region (10453369);Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p80
Provides an update on management changes in the banking sector in the U.S. as of December 2003. Appointment of Timothy F. Geithner by Federal Reserve Bank of New York; Pending retirement of Robert T. Parry from the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco; Appointment of Ben S. Bernanke and Roger...
- Conference Explores Relationship of Markets, Institutions. // Financial Update;Apr-Jun2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p2
The article presents information about "Modern Financial Institutions, Financial Markets, and Systemic Risk," the April 2006 conference of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. Organized by the Atlanta Fed and the International Association of Financial Engineers, the conference took place in...
- U.S. Senate Confirms Ferguson As New Vice Chairman of Federal Reserve. // Jet;10/18/99, Vol. 96 Issue 20, p6
Reports the United States Senate's confirmation of Roger W. Ferguson Jr. as vice chairman of the Federal Reserve.
- Fed's No. 2 Another Noncandidate for N.Y. Garver, Rob // American Banker;5/16/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 94, p4
Vice chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board Roger W. Ferguson Jr. expressed his intentions to not to contest for the job of president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York William J. McDonough will retire from the bank in mid-June 2003 to...
- Fed governor urges congress to enact reform legislation when it reconvenes in 1999. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;10/23/98, Vol. 163 Issue 204, p2
Reports that Roger Ferguson, a governor in the United States Federal Reserve System's board, has urged lawmakers to adopt financial reform legislation in 1999. Ferguson's views on the bill's prospects; Importance of financial reform; Limitations of current legal framework.
- Fed governor says no to global rate policy. Sieberg, Jaret // American Banker;1/5/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on the rejection by Federal Reserve Board Governor Roger W. Ferguson Jr. of calls by some economists for coordinated interest rate cuts by central banks.
- TIAA-CREF Takes on New Leader, Chairman. // Investment Management Weekly;4/7/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p1
The article announces the appointment of Roger Ferguson as chief executive officer (CEO) and president of the Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association (TIAA-CREF).
- Ferguson: A Regulatory Vision. // Securities Industry News;2/27/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p6
Presents an excerpt from a speech by Roger W. Ferguson Jr., vice chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve, to the Fourth Joint Central Bank Research Conference on Risk Management and Systemic Risk in Frankfurt, Germany on November 28, 2005.