What you need to know about data warehousing
- ACHIEVING USEFUL PLANT INFORMATION Made Easier. Gould, Lawrence S. // Automotive Design & Production;May2003, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p47
Focuses on VisualPlant, an Internet-based application that builds a data warehouse of machine state, production data and downtime incidents, from Executive Manufacturing Technologies, Inc. Features of the system; Components of the application; Claims of the company that many major automotive...
- PLEXUS SYSTEMS NAMED PACE AWARD FINALIST. // Quality;Jan2006, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p11
The article reports that Plexus Systems Corp. has been named finalist for the 2006 Automotive News PACE awards in the U.S. The award honors innovation and technological achievement among automotive suppliers. The recognition was attributed to the company's management information system. Plexus...
- Technological front-runners or sheep to the slaughter? Schmitt, Sam H. // Managed Healthcare;Aug98, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p36
Provides information about data warehousing. Steps involved in data warehousing; How the managed care organization could benefit from a data warehouse; Advantages of a well-designed data warehousing system.
- Data warehousing enables sharing. Imwalle, Christine // American City & County;Jul98, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on the concept of data warehousing technology, examining the advantages of data warehousing. Identification of the many advantages of data warehousing; Valuable features of the data warehousing; Design of the data warehouse to co-exist with current applications; Examples of the...
- Data shopping. // Director;Oct97, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p91
Looks at datamart technology which allows users to find ways of generating business. Details on the technology; Description of the CS150 Server, introduced by the computer maker Tandem company; Reasons the server was designed.
- Increasing profitability. // American Banker;6/29/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 122, p22A
Presents information on a data warehousing solution which incorporates business intelligence tools. How the solution could benefit marketing executives; Comments from Ted Brewer, manager of relationship management technologies at Royal Bank of Canada; What the solution integrates; Uses of the...
- Technology---top challenge in data warehousing. // PC Week;08/11/97, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p80
Discusses the challenges that data managers face in implementing data warehouses in 1997. The Data Warehousing Institute's Leadership Conference; How concerns have changed since 1996.
- Growing data. // PC Week;12/08/97, Vol. 14 Issue 51, p88
Presents a graph depicting the growth in data warehousing monitoring facilities from 1995 and estimated into 1999.
- Beat the odds. MacDonald, Michael // CMA Magazine;Jun98, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p16
Discusses the five critical success factors to consider in implementing a datawarehouse. Basis of implementation of successful data warehouse; Why summary data structures fall short; Importance of recognizing the data.