For gooey stuff
- Accessories take it personally. Eisenstein, Paul // Professional Engineering;11/18/98, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p44
Reports on the annual Specialty Equipment Market Association (Sema) automobile accessories show held in Las Vegas, Nevada in November 1998. Cost of installing a video recorder and personal computer system in a car; Carmakers' officials who attended the Sema convention. INSET: From the sublime...
- Smoke & Materials. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Aug99, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on aluminum, an automotive material. Average amount of aluminum contained per vehicle; Challenges with aluminum utilization; Information on a study on the environmental impact of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions and other substances that result from the production and use of automotive...
- Can You Glue A Car Together? Sabatini, Jeff // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Aug99, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p48
Deals with the use of adhesive technology in automobile body engineering. Dilemma with structural adhesives; Discussion on structural adhesives such as epoxies; Applications of structural adhesives in vehicles; Challenge to using structural adhesives. INSETS: All About Fasteners;Togetherness.
- Cost vs. value. Begin, Sherri // Rubber & Plastics News;7/15/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p6
Reports the hesitation of automobile manufacturers to use fluoropolymers for engine/fuel system. Forecast on fluorocarbon sales of Dyneon L.L.C.; Development of materials for evaporative emission applications; Enhancement of fluorocarbons and fluoroelastomers for fuel cap.
- Acrylics surplanting silicone as leak stoppers. Begin, Sherri // Rubber & Plastics News;7/15/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p6
Reports the preference of automobile manufacturers for acrylics for oil and valve cover seals. Growth of the demand for acrylics in emission applications; Advantages of oil pan and valve cover seals; Properties of acrylics.
- Untitled. // Automotive Marketing;Jan1993, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p32
Presents products for automobiles. Automotive multimeter from John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.; Auxiliary fog light from Hella Inc.; Water-based enamel from Plasti-Kote Co., Inc.; More.
- Products. // Automotive Marketing;Apr93, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p64
Features automotive supply products and equipment. John Fluke Manufacturing Co. Inc.'s Automotive Multimeter; Hella Inc.'s Halogen Low Beam Headlamp; Rubber Queen's Car Mats; Pennzoil Co.'s Synthetic Motor Oil; Marson Corp.'s Mixing Boards; Sweatseat's Seat Covers; Pyroil Performance Products'...
- Wipers. // Automotive Marketing;May93, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p39
Discusses the complexity of an automobile windeshield wiper system. Electronic controls; Signal lever on cars; Washer pump; Three components; `Arm'; `Blade'; `Wiping element'; Periodic replacement for the wiping element; `Refill' or replacement of the wiping element. INSET: Glossary..
- Batteries. // Automotive Marketing;May93, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p42
Offers tips in selling automobile batteries. Determine the correct battery; Needed power of the car; Use of the car; Meaningful ratings to understand the pattern of use; Cold cranking amps (CCA) rating; Reserve capacity rating; Definitions of the ratings; Selling customers what they need and...
- Filters. // Automotive Marketing;May93, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p46
Discusses the functions of different filters in automobiles. Oil filters; Air filters; Fuel filters; Variation of replacement intervals by type of filter, vehicle service conditions and vehicle manufacturer; Typical replacement schedules according to the Car Care Council; Car information to...