News Briefs. .
- Growing College Enrollments Spur Online, Classroom Test Prep Courses. // Educational Marketer;11/20/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p7
Features several online offerings of eKnowledge Group, Embark, Kaplan and Princeton Review for college preparations in the United States.
- Technology update. // Curriculum Review;Dec96, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p11
Presents information on online educational sites. Four paper-related sites to start an informative unit on the ins and outs of paper; Questions to ask on how to effectively spend your computer budget; Listing of other educational sites; Contact points.
- Tech directions online. Vandenberg, Victoria // Tech Directions;Feb97, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p12
No abstract available.
- Reference Source Adds Interactive Geography Tool. // T H E Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p28
Introduces America the Beautiful, a reference source for students from Grolier Online in the United States. Provision of interactive articles with information on geography; Facts featured in the online database; Discussion on historical perspectives.
- Online lies we'd better face. Miller, William // Education Digest;Oct97, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on the problems associated with electronic information facing educational institutions. Unavailability of electronic information; Lack of free material over the World Wide Web; Issues about costs.
- Teaching Tips. // Science Teacher;Sep2002, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p76
Provides information for educators about service online from Teacher Publishing company in the U.S.
- Tech directions online. // Tech Directions;Nov97, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p12
Announces that a directory of federal and state education officials can be found in the Tech Directions Online. Web site address; Information provided by the Web site.
- Where To Find It. // American Teacher;Nov2005, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p27
Features several products for teachers. "Child Labor in Agriculture," a curriculum resource for teachers available on the American Labor Studies Center Web site; National Hurricane Center's offering of a variety of online resources to help students understand the science at work behind...
- ACTE ONLINE RESOURCES. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Oct2009, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p61
The article offers information on the online resources of the Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE). One of these resources highlights the belief of author and motorcycle show owner Matthew B. Crawford that CTE can be improved by defining intellectual challenges. Another resource...