Partnerships & Acquisitions. .
- A Grassroots Approach to EDUCATIONAL PARTNERSHIPS. Carlson, Patricia // T H E Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p83
Focuses on public approach to educational partnerships in the United States. Details on available educational partnerships; Impact of emerging instructional technologies on building a systemic infrastructure in middle schools; Importance of collaboration in educational partnership.
- Multinational Partnerships. Hirsch, Donald // Education Week;5/27/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p20
The article contemplates the significance of creating partnerships between schools and business firms in the U.S. The author stressed that through partnerships, it can boost genuine reform in education systems. He further discussed the topic by featuring the international study in relation to...
- Education Reform and Relationships Between the Private Sector and Education: A Call for Integration. Hoyt, Kenneth // Phi Delta Kappan;Feb91, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p450
Proposes strategies for the integration of education and work in the U.S. Status of U.S. education in the 1980s; Views on the concept of collaboration.
- NEWS in BRIEF. Bradley, Ann; Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;09/27/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p4
Reports developments on education in the United States as of September 2000. Partnership between the United Teachers of Dade and Chancellor Academies; Review of the finances of Dallas schools by Comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander; Presence of dangerous and unstable chemicals in Colorado schools.
- Future Shock. Grady, Elizabeth A. // Educational Leadership;Dec2003, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p65
Reports on the Future Shock program in the U.S. which seeks to develop and sustain school-community public health partnerships. High school departments which created Future Shock; Discussion on the complexity of public health; Public health in high schools.
- Community Schools: Engaging Parents and Families. Blank, Martin; Heifets, Olga; Shah, Bela; Nissani, Helen // Principal;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p18
Describes three key strategies that community schools, working in close partnership with local resources use to support and strengthen families. Partnership between a school and other community resources; .
- NAOHSM Teams With Vo-Tech Schools. Siegel, James J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/13/2001, Vol. 213 Issue 15, p9
Reports the partnership of the National Association of Oil Heating Service Managers (NAOHSM) with local vocational schools in the United States. Efforts to increase workforce in the ventilation and heating industry; Reorganization of the NAOHSM Central Massachusetts chapter; Creation of a...
- BIG IDEAS on Heavy Equipment Repair. Hitch, Lindsay M. // Tech Directions;Sep2001, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the programs for the creation of an educational partnership between Caterpillar Inc. and technical institutions in the United States. Specifications of curriculum in conjunction with the school general education; Interest skills of students associated with the selected program on...
- Creating a Focus for the Engaged Institution: K-12 Science and Math Reform. Ramaley, Judith A. // Journal of Public Affairs;2002 Supplement 1, Vol. 6, p139
Discusses the barriers to the collaboration between U.S. higher education and K-12 and examines the conditions that promote and sustain collaborative work. Reasons for the move of several colleges and universities to form partnerships with their communities; Views on the treatment of engagement...