- School Specialty Q3 Revenue Declines 15.3%. // Educational Marketer;3/ 1/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of K-12 supplemental publisher School Specialty Inc. in the company's fiscal third quarter ended January 23, 2010 in Greenville, Wisconsin. It notes the company's 15.3% revenue decline to 103.1 million U.S. dollar which has been driven down by...
- David Vander Zanden. // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);5/15/2005, Vol. 1 Issue 1, FOLLOWING p112
Interviews David Vander Zanden, president/CEO of school products merchant School Specialty. Catalog and Internet brands of the company; Sentiment regarding the growth of the multichannel marketing industry; Outlook for the company.
- Preparing for a Career in Politics, Public Affairs. Jalonick, Mary Clare // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2002/Jan2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p79
Presents a panel discussion on the trend in providing educational programs for people who want careers in politics, government, lobbying and public affairs in the U.S. Development and growth of Masters programs in Applied Politics; Increase in the number of universities offering programs in...
- Career or technical, pick one. Hoyt, Kenneth B. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Oct99, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p66
Explains the changes in career development and vocational education trends in the United States between the years 1900 and the year 2000. Patterns in the types of skills needed by industries from students; Growth of business-school partnerships.
- PEOPLE. // Education Week;8/22/1984, Vol. 3 Issue 39/40, p4
The article reports on career developments involving executives in the education sector in the U.S. Lawrence D. Shubnell has been named by Maryland Governor Harry Hughes to lead an 11-member committee that will monitor the expenditure of state aid by local school boards. Scott Widmeyer has been...
- E-Training Offers Options. Galley, Michelle // Education Week;5/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p41
Focuses on the venture of educators to online professional development in the U.S. Concerns of technology experts about the technology; Advantages of OPD courses in helping prolong the amount of education received by teacher and applying the lessons to the classrooms; Importance of integrating...
- News Notes. McKean, Robert C.; Taylor, Bob L. // Educational Leadership;Apr77, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p557
Presents news briefs on education in the United States as of April 1977. Findings of the assessment by the National Assessment of Educational Progress regarding career and occupational development; Ways that can help in the reduction of Discipline problems; Factors that indicate disliking of...
- Modeling inclusion to administrators. // District Administration;Dec2015, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p26
The article discusses the influence of faculty and staffs' personality types on decisions made during meetings and professional development.
- Having it your way: A directory of online professional development options. Mather, Mary Anne; Poftak, Amy // Technology & Learning;Jan2000, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p25
Provides information on several online professional development options for educators in the United States. Includes degree and certificate programs; Online courses and workshops; Just-in-time learning communities; Free course creation tools.