Harcourt's HRW Sets Up Professional Development
- People ... // Educational Marketer;5/3/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p8
Announces the appointment of Greg Long as VP of marketing for Holt, Rinehart and Winston school publisher in Austin, Texas.
- HOLT TEXTBOOKS ADDS CD-ROM BASED TEACHERS RESOURCE. // CD Computing News;Jan2004, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the addition of Holt, Rinehart and Winston's Calendar Planner to the Holt One-stop Planner with Test Generator, a CD-ROM based teacher's resource supplement for Holt textbooks.
- HRW textbook pulled in Texas. Dunleavy, M.P. // Publishers Weekly;3/21/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 12, p11
Reports on the decision of Holt, Rhinehart & Winston to withdraw a 700-page high school health textbook from the multimillion-dollar Texas School market. Unviavility of state's request for revisions of the material; Issues requested for revisions; Loss of $7.5 million allotted by Texas for the...
- Holt Virtual Investigations. Finley, Sally // MultiMedia & Internet@Schools;Sept/Oct2007, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p43
The article reviews the Holt Virtual Investigations software designed for science laboratory experiments from Holt, Rinehart and Winston.
- Harcourt Sits Atop $24M Tennessee Literature and Spelling Adoption. // Educational Marketer;9/18/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p3
The article reports on an estimated $24 million of sales in Tennessee for literature and spelling textbooks by Harcourt Education's Holt, Rinehart & Winston. Its serial publication "Tennessee Elements of Literature" in grades 6 to 12 reached an approximately $15.4 million or a 64.1% share of sales.
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;12/1/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p8
Cites Holt, Rinehart & Winston's release of I.D.E.A. Works, a special education resource package on CD-ROM that provides a modified curriculum and activities for the publisher's social studies textbooks.
- United States History and World Geography. Patton, Carol // District Administration;Apr2006, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p94
The article reviews the educational software United States History and World Geography from Holt RineHart & Winston Inc.
- Walker reversal in California. // Advocate;4/19/94, Issue 653, p20
Presents news items on textbook censorship, as of April 19, 1994. California board of education's restoration of passages by authors Alice Walker and Annie Dillard; Publisher Holt, Rinehart and Winston Inc.'s pullout of one of its health books in Texas; Lawsuit to bring back the lesbian-themed...
- Health textbook assailed for promoting quackery. // NCAHF Newsletter (08903417);Nov/Dec94, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p2
Reports on criticisms received by the book `Holt Health,' a health education textbook published by Holt, Rinehart and Winston Inc. Outrage expressed by William J. Bennetta, editor of `The Textbook Letter' periodical; Contact information.