Hardiness as a stress mediating factor of burnout among healthcare providers
- Stressed teacher keeps asking for a sicknote. // Pulse;10/4/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 39, p39
Discusses a case of a teacher in Great Britain who keeps on asking for a sicknote. Work-related stress suffered by the teacher; Severity of the situational anxiety.
- AnÃ¡lise de Burnout em profissionais de uma unidade de emergÃªncia de um hospital geral. Ritter, Renata Schwanke; Stumm, Eniva Miladi Fernandes; Kircher, Rosane Maria // Revista Eletronica de Enfermagem;2009, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p236
The emergency unit is an environment where anxiety, pressure and stress situation are usual. The research analyses the Burnout Syndrome variables of nurse and physician professionals of an emergency unit of a general hospital. It is descriptive and quantitative, developed in a hospital in...
- Physician Burnout and Patient Safety. Sargent, M. Catherine // AAOS Now;Dec2012, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p40
The article presents the author's insights on the impact of burnout experienced by healthcare workers, including orthopaedic surgeons on patient safety. The author says that the physician burnout, a pathologic response to stress manifested by the triad of emotional exhaustion and...
- Stress Reduction by Technology? An Experimental Study into the Effects of Brainmachines on Burnout and State Anxiety. Ossebaard, Hans C. // Applied Psychophysiology & Biofeedback;Jun2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p93
Stress and burnout are widely acknowledged as major causes of societal and individual problems in the Western world. In order to reduce material and immaterial expenses, increased efforts are made to enhance relaxation and stress reduction. Based on neuropsychological findings, alternative ways...
- Why Everyone Needs to Take a Vacation Every Year. // njbiz;6/23/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p13
An interview with Paula Caligiuri, professor of human resource management at Rutgers University's School of Management and Labor Relations in New Brunswick, New Jersey, is presented. She says that employees are being encouraged by employers to take their vacation due to the negative effect of...
- SÃNDROME DE BURNOUT EM TRABALHADORES DE ENFERMAGEM NAS UNIDADES DE TERAPIA INTENSIVA EM UM HOSPITAL UNIVERSITÃRIO. Magalhães, Gabriela Farias; Moura, Ruth Mary Batista; Valença, Marilia Perrelli // Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE;5/1/2010, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p390
Objective: to investigate the occurrence of burnout syndrome in nurses who works in the intensive care units (ICU). Method: this is about a descriptive, exploratory and transverse sectional research. Data collection will be accomplished through self-administered questionnaire to the study...
- Corporate burnout: Are you at risk? // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Aug96, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p8
Presents a discussion on burnout and stress. Estimated cost of productivity losses in the United States; Type A personality as the one more susceptible to stress; Stages of burnout; Advice on how to prevent burnout.
- AVOIDING THE BURNOUTS. Reynolds, Marcia; Ochalla, Bryan // Credit Union Management;Jan2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p6
Gives advice to managers on how to avoid burn out and stress. Avoid focusing on what you cannot control; Refraining from holding on too tightly to what you thought would happen; Avoid listening to your brain.
- IDEAS THAT WORK. // Training & Development Journal;Sep78, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p25
Focuses on dealing with executive stress in the office. Personal techniques for coping with stress; Breakup of tasks in separate goals.