Alcohol related violence and unwanted sexual activity on the college campus
- Report Says Colleges Downplay Sexual Assault Numbers. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2015, p19
The article focuses on the study that explores the pattern of under-reporting of sexual assaults in colleges and universities across the U.S. It mentions the use of scientific methods and government data to assure the opinions of the victims. University of Kansas law professor Corey Rayburn...
- Etc... Kilborn, Robert; Atkin, Ross // Christian Science Monitor;9/7/99, Vol. 91 Issue 197, p24
Presents news briefs regarding fashion, pet identification, and the drinking rate at several colleges and universities in the United States.
- Three Ways to Reduce Student Drinking. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Jun2011, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the initiatives at several college campuses in the U.S. in 2011 which are aimed for reducing student drinking, such as the intervention program at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin.
- ASSESSING SAFETY: A CAMPUS-WIDE INITIATIVE. BAKER, KERRIE; BOLAND, KATHLEEN // College Student Journal;Dec2011, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p683
Student behavior inside and outside of the classroom is an issue that impacts faculty, students, student affairs personnel, and the entire college community. Any type of violence or disrespectful behavior can disrupt the learning process. Due to recent violent events on college campuses, an...
- Curbing student drinking. // Christian Science Monitor;10/22/97, Vol. 89 Issue 229, p20
Opinion. Looks at efforts by colleges in the United States to cut down on alcohol consumption by students. The Massachusetts Board of Higher Education's policy which directs all public colleges and universities to adopt tough restrictions on alcohol use; The responsibility of schools to show...
- College students on alcohol binge. Watson, Elwood // Headway;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on alcohol drinking among United States college students. Fatalities as reported in `USA Today,' November 16, 1998 issue; Facts among colleges; Dilemma of underage drinking on college campuses; Efforts to solve the problem.
- The Social Contexts of Binge Drinking Among Private University Freshmen. Ichiyama, Michael A. // Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education;Fall98, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p18
Examines the social contexts within which high-risk drinking behavior occurs among college freshmen in the United States. Information on binge drinking; Factors related to freshmen binge drinking; Demographic factors that can contribute to variations in college binge drinking rates; Reasons for...
- Higher education: Crocked on campus. Gorman, Christine; Allis, Sam // Time;12/19/1994, Vol. 144 Issue 25, p66
Reports that a student backlash against college drinking has been boosted by a study that documents the damaging effects on all students. Harvard School of Public Health researchers; Details of the report in the `Journal of the American Medical Association'; The astonishing prevalence of...
- Who's Serving? Weeks, Anne M. // Education Week;07/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p47
Shares the author's perspective on the issue of excessive drinking on college campuses in the United States. Author's interest on the issue due to his experiences as a college guidance counselor; Encounter with graduates who complain that the social-scene on their respective campuses are mostly...