Group's Suit Could Affect West Virginia Agency's Bond Plans
- Scottish islands receive Lottery funding. // Scottish Memories;Apr2013, p8
The article announces the Â£3.3 million lottery fund received by the Isle of Lewis and Isle of Jura in Scotland which benefits its community projects such as building a convenience store, post office and petrol station.
- W. Va.'s Lottery Deal Back on After Lawsuit Is Resolved. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31798, p4
Reports that West Virginia's proposed lottery-backed revenue bond sale was back after the resolved lawsuit that had attempted to block the bond issue. Issuance of economic development bond package; Benefits of the bond sale; Promotion of the bond sale.
- REGIONAL REPORT. // Business North Carolina;Sep2012, p26
The article discusses the economic developments in North Carolina. It cites the 9.2% growth in sales of the North Carolina Education Lottery in fiscal year 2011-2012, surpassing the 1.5 billion dollar mark in spite of the slumping economy. According to lottery executive director Alice Garland,...
- Spitzer: Lottery Lease for Higher Ed? Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/10/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32792, p1
The article reports on the proposal made by New York Governor Eliot Spitzer to monetize the lottery for higher education in the state. The proposal is said to make $4 billion endowment for higher education initiatives and create $1 billion fund to finance upstate infrastructure and economic...
- TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER. Teasley, Russell // South Carolina Business Journal;Dec2003, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p8
The article focuses on the role of university research in promoting knowledge based economies. Among the beneficiaries of South Carolina's educational lottery are the state's academic research centers of excellence and their potential industry partners. Lottery funds will provide up to $30...
- LETTERS. Wanless, Peter; Bartlett, Keith // Regeneration & Renewal;8/17/2009, p15
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Poor missing out on Lottery funding '" and by John Dolan on effective cultural projects both in the August 2009 issue.
- Lottery Tops Funding Goal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/25/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32430, p27
The article reports that the Oklahoma Lottery Commission has exceeded its funding goal.
- Inside City Hall. Norville, Bunny // Munday Courier (TX);4/22/2009, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p5
The article focuses on the revenue earned by Texas lottery and its financial contribution to support the Foundation School Fund (FSF), which helps pay for public education in Texas.
- Lottery Commission on Track to Meet Budget Estimates. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);3/15/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p11
The article reports that the lottery revenues of West Virginia Lottery Commission are on track to meet all of its obligations such as the budget estimates.