Michigan Court OKs Tobacco Ballot Item
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;07/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30941, p31
Presents a round-up of news about bonds and public finance in the United States Southeast, as of July 27, 2000. Settlement of the Miami City Commission in Florida to former city manager Donald Warshaw; Bond referendums in Wake County, North Carolina.
- Under a California Proposition 65 Settlement and A.B. 1108, Toy Manufacturers Are Now Subject to New Federal Product Safety Laws for Lead and Phthalates. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q1, Special section p1
The article focuses on the imposition of stricter lead standards to toy manufacturers and retailers in the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) months ahead of schedule under a settlement in a Proposition 65 lawsuit filed by the attorneys general for the state of California and the...
- AROUND THE STATES. // Church & State;May2012, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p3
The article offers news briefs related to church and state in the U.S. as of May 2012. The state court of Missouri has upheld the ballot summary for the proposed Religious Freedom in Public Places Amendment on the November ballot. The state of Hawaii has paid 100,000 dollars in settlement to...
- Out of court settlements. Nathan, Bruce // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p8
Provides information on the issue of out of court settlements. Information on the advantages and disadvantages of this kind of settlement; Detailed information on the mechanics of this kind of settlement; Indepth look at the use of Chapter 11 to bind recalcitrant non-accepting creditors.
- Landmark voluntary mediation program for Lanham Act cases... Rzonca, Lynn // Corporate Legal Times;Apr97, Vol. 7 Issue 65, p50
Reports that all Lanham Act cases filed in the Northern District of Illinois are eligible for a court-annexed mediation program, effective January 6th, 1997. How the program works; Requirements of the mediation program; How persons can become mediators; Number of mediators.
- The justification of `justice': Legal practitioners' accounts of negotiated case settlements in... Mulcahy, Aogan // British Journal of Criminology;Autumn94, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p411
Examines legal practitioners' justification of their participation in plea negotiations. Deception, coercion and unethical practices in plea negotiations as a means of case disposition; Predictability of negotiated settlements; Linkage of disposition with the facts of a case; Necessity of...
- Settlement strategy: Alone or as group? Schachner, Michael // Business Insurance;10/9/95, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p2
Reports on the settlement strategies of two medical claims cases. Deadline for settlement by three defendant companies in the consolidated breast implant litigation; Trust fund for victims of A.H. Robins Co.'s Dalkon Shield device.
- Let's split the bill for cleanup expenses. Rutkin, Alan S. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Oct94, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p80
Reflects on how policyholders and insurers could effectively settle an environmental cleanup litigation. Suggestion that the parties settle based on an agreement that a certain share of the cleanup will be covered; Advantages of the sharing agreement technique of settling cleanup litigations.
- Settling the score. Goltz, Portor // ABA Journal;Aug96, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p90
Outlines ways in which litigators can enhance their skills during settlement conferences. Includes preparation; Knowing local rules; Having options.