NEWS IN BRIEF
- The Fed Wants to Know What's Up in CNY. // Business Journal (Central New York);06/30/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p30
Editorial. Comments on the responsiveness of the United States Federal Reserve Board to economic conditions in central New York State. Meeting between local business people and staffers of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York's Buffalo office; Local economy's trailing of the national economy.
- The Docket. // Financial Update;Jan-Mar99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p11
Presents a summary of actions and announcements of the United States Federal Reserve Board from September 24 to December 7, 1998.
- Financial and Business Statistics. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Feb2003, Vol. 89 Issue 2, pA1
Presents financial and business statistics from the U.S. Federal Reserve Board. Money stock and bank credit; Policy instruments; Federal Reserve banks; Monetary and credit aggregates; Commercial banking institutions; Financial markets.
- CORONARY RAISING E-MAILS CITE BANKS' PRODUCT EXPANSIONS; WILL THAT BE WITH ANCHOVIES OR PARMESAN? Wells Jr., Charles B. // Insurance Advocate;04/01/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 14, p22
Comments on the entry of banks into insurance business. Permission issued by the United States Federal Reserve Board to banks; Impact of the permission on brokers and agents.
- Industrial Production Falls 1.1% in August. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32962, p2
The article reports that the industrial production in the U.S. fell down by 1.1% in August 2008. According to the data released by the Federal Reserve Board, the capacity utilization also fell to 78.7. International Financial Review Markets had forecasted a 0.3% decline for production and a...
- Kentucky Power to Sell $315M. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/24/2007, Vol. 261 Issue 32699, p1
The article reports on the plan of Kentucky Municipal Power Agency (KMPA) to take retail orders on a $315 million transaction to fund is share of a coal-fired power project, followed by institutional sales. The proceeds will be used to finance a 7.82 percent undivided interest in the Prairie...
- Fed rate increase will cost businesses plenty. Reich-Hale, David // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/30/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 32, p12A
Focuses on the need for the U.S. Federal Reserve to raise interest rates. Recovery of businesses; Impact of the increase in interest rates on cash flow; Offering of credit card companies.
- Fed Tells Va. Bank To Raise Capital. Davis, Paul // American Banker;1/31/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 16, p4
The article reports that Virginia Business Bank had received a prompt-corrective-action order from the U.S. Federal Reserve Board, due to undercapitalization.
- Opening doors for daughters, sons. Coulton, Antoinette; Gold, Jacqueline S. // American Banker;4/28/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 80, p4
Focuses on the community works organized by different banks in the United States and the Federal Reserve Board for children. Banking career; Exposure to career options; Adoption of a community outreach program by Bankers Trust New York Corp.