For Charter School Deals, Rates Go Down as Popularity Goes Up
- Model Colorado Charter School Hopes to Pique Interest. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/21/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31207, p30
Features the revenue bond deal that will be launched by Boulder Valley, Colorado-based Peak to Peak Charter School. Value of the deal; Rating below investment grade; Aim to use the money from the August 27, 2001 sale to build a campus in Lafayette.
- Texas Orders Shutdown of Five Charter Schools. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/12/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31511, p4
Reports on the closure of five low-performing state charter schools by the Texas officials on November 12, 2002. Reasons for the closure of the schools; Report on charter school movements released by Fitch Ratings. Factors responsible for low performance of state charter schools; Analysis of...
- Legislation Keeps Charter School Bonds Coming in Colorado. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p38
No abstract available.
- Chicago Charter School Plans $7M Issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31267, p38
Reports on the plan of Chicago, Illinois-based Perspective Charter School to issue $7 million of bonds through Illinois Development Finance Authority. Purpose for which revenue generated through the bonds would be used; Requirements for charter schools under Illinois laws; Names of placement...
- Colorado Charter School Deal to Repay Loan for New Home. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31273, p6
Reports that a multi-million-dollar revenue bond issue on behalf of the Pinnacle Charter School near Westminster, Colorado will finance a building for the school. Issuer of the bonds; Difficulties faced by the school because of space problems and inadequate facilities; Underwriter for the bonds.
- 2000's Loss Could Be 2001's Gain. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p1
Reports on the volume of bond sales in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2000. Impact of higher interest rates on the bond sector; Effects of surging economic growth and a soaring stock market in the U.S.; Projected bond sales in 2001.
- October Sees Huge Surge In Issuance. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p1
Reports on the increase in long-term bond issuance in the U.S. Total amount of issuance as of October 2001; Influence of lower interest rate on the increase; Response of investors to the plan of the government to suspend 30-year bond issuance.
- Long-Term Volume Up. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p1
Reports on the increase of long-term bond volume sold in the municipal market for the first quarter of 2002 in the U.S. Result of low interest rates; Strength of refunding volume; Prospect of rising interest rates.
- Swaps in the Spotlight. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31381, p1
Reports the interest-rate swap in one of the bond sales in New York City. Approval of the grant on certain type of deals; Discussion on th epower given to municipalities to sell variable-rate bond; Amendment on the local finance law.