Cook County Has Sights on First-Ever Swap Option
- Sacramento utility tweaks balance sheet with swaps. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;05/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30637, p30
Reports on the decision of the Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) in California to enter into two interest rate swaps to balance rates on debt and short-term investments. Bid winners; Plans of the SMUD to introduce retail electric competition; Features of the swaps.
- Proposed accounting for interest rate swaps. Wilson, Arlette C.; Smith, G. Robert // CPA Journal;Oct96, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p54
Proposes an accounting method for interest rate swaps. Effect of the proposed exposure draft made by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) on hedging and financial instruments; Illustration of the proposed accounting; Evaluation of the proposed accounting.
- Yield Reversals and the Yin-Yang Trap: A Note on Time Valuation and Interest Rate Swaps. Bowden, Roger J. // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Jun92, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
Derives the time value function for an interest rate swap. Reversals in the term structure of interest rates from inverted to normal; Profitability loss in unmatched swaps books.
- New risks revealed. Wilson, Arlette C.; Smith Jr., G. Robert // National Public Accountant;Jul96, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p16
Presents information on interest rate swaps. Definition; Entering into a swap; Mark to market technique; Companies' reasons for entering into interest rate swaps.
- 'HIDDEN' COSTS: A CASE STUDY OF BANK BORROWING AND INTEREST RATE SWAPS. Johnson, Christian A. // Banking Law Journal;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 119 Issue 10, p927
Presents a case study on the consequences of a loan prepayment for middle-income borrowers followed by an early termination of the interest rate swap. Agreement between Smithville Church and Dealer Bank on a standard documentation for an interest rate swap; Authorization of Dealer Bank to...
- Caps or swaps? Shay, Rodger // America's Community Banker;Jul97, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p34
Focuses on interest rate swaps. Computation for interest rate swaps; Proper use of swaps; Comparison between fixed or floating swaps; Risks associated with swaps.
- Florida hospital district prepares for swap deal. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;10/27/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30260, p27
Focuses on an interest rate swap being negotiated by the hospital district in North Broward, Florida. Terms under proposed fixed-to-floating rate swap brokered by Squire, Sanders & Dempsey; Impact of the swap underwritten by Smith Barney Inc.
- Jefferson County, Ala., unwinds its controversial swap, netting $4.5 million. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;01/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30308, p28
Reports that Jefferson County, Alabama has terminated a $175 million interest rate swap, which netted the county $4.5 million over its 10-month life. Reasons why county commissioners decided to unwind the interest rate swap; Terms of the terminated interest rate swap; County's preference for...
- Orlando agency gets `eye-popping' benefits from 2 long-term swaps. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p33
Focuses on the two long-term interest swaps agreed between the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority and the city of Gulf Breeze in Florida. Benefits of the deal for the Orlando agency; Terms of the deal; Individuals and groups who collaborated to make the transaction work.