Municipal Prices Broadly Increase; Underwriters Cut New-Issue Yields
- Municipal Prices End Little Changed; Unemployment Level Fails to Decrease. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p2
Reports on the negligible changes in municipal bonds and unemployment rate of U.S. on January 10, 2003. Views of the Bear, Stearns & Co.'s economist, Conrad DeQuatros, on the stagnant unemployment rate; Economic condition of the country in 2003; Deals that took place in the U.S. one week prior...
- Municipal Prices Scattered Higher Ahead of Today's Employment Data. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p2
Reports on the factors influencing the increase of municipal bond prices in the U.S. Application for extended benefits by unemployed workers; Change in unemployment compensation laws; Level of interest rates.
- Municipal Bond Prices Finish Higher; Jobs Report Hints at Slower Recovery. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p2
Reports the increase of the municipal bond prices in the U.S. as of April 2002. Market gains of the Treasury bonds; Estimation of the growth of non-farm payrolls; Increase of the unemployment rate.
- Municipal Bond Prices Finish Mixed; N.Y. MTAs Up in Secondary Trading. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31384, p2
Reports the marketing of municipal bonds in the U.S. Decline of unemployment rate; Improvement of the Treasury market; Decline of interest cost.
- Municipal Bonds Little Changed; $475M Nevada School Deal Sells. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;6/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31402, p2
Reports the condition of the municipal bonds in the state of Nevada. Analysis of Conrad De Quadros economist of Bear, Stearns and Co. the recovery of the economy of the state; Increase of the unemployment rate in the area; Failure of the government to raise the fund rates.
- Municipals Finish Near Unchanged; Substantial New-Issue Supply on Tap. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/2/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31441, p2
Reports the instability of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Growth of unemployment rate; Decrease of construction spending; Variation of the bond buying patterns.
- Yields Rise Up to 15 Basis Points; Treasuries Drop on Payroll Data. Chelsa, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond yields in the U.S. as of October 2003. Vulnerability of the treasury market in the country; Maintenance of the unemployment rate in the country; Increase in the bond yields in the municipal arena.
- Municipal Bonds Finish Unchanged; Treasuries Erase Losses as Stocks Drop. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/7/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31486, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of October 2002. Recovery of municipal bonds from initial market weakness; Total number of nonfarm payrolls for the month of September; Decline of stocks.
- Treasuries soar, while municipals post healthy gains on June payrolls. Ring, Niamh // Bond Buyer;07/07/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30181, p1
Reports on the effects of the June unemployment report on bond trading in the United States on July 3, 1997. Increase in non-farm payrolls, according to the Labor Department; Decision by the Federal Open Market Committee to leave short-term interest rates unchanged; Issuance of municipals for...