Development of roof bolting use in Polish coal mines
- Dust capture performance of a water exhaust conditioner for roof bolting machines. Beck, T. W. // Mining Engineering;Mar2012, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p45
Roof bolter occupations in underground coal mines continue to experience overexposure to respirable dust. One potential source of dust in roof bolting operations is the exhaust from the roof bolter dust collection system. A wet exhaust conditioner (water box) has been developed to reduce dust...
- Ground control at the Spremberg copper mine. Lautsch, T.; Graef, A. // Mining World;Feb2013, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p44
The article offers the authors' insights on ground control term in literature, related to the launching of roof bolting in the early 1930s. The authors state that ground control's origin was in coal mining, in strata bonded rock formations. The authors mention that as of 1960, ground control has...
- Research on Anti-Foundation-Displacement Performance and Reliability Assessment of 500 kV Transmission Tower in Mining Subsidence Area. Qianjin Shu; Guanglin Yuan; Yunfei Zhang; Guangli Guo // Open Civil Engineering Journal;2011, Vol. 5, p87
The performance of resisting foundation displacement of typical single return circuit and double return circuit transmission towers under all kinds of load conditions including foundation horizontal displacement, foundation vertical uneven downward displacement were analyzed by finite element...
- Numerical Study on the Transient Preheating Process of a Regenerative Oxidation Bed. Yongqi Liu; Jinhui Han; Yanyan You; Zhenqiang Gao // Open Mechanical Engineering Journal;2011, Vol. 5, p62
The transient preheating process of a regenerative oxidation bed placed in a coal mine methane thermal reverse-flow reactor is numerically investigated in this paper. The regenerative oxidation bed is heated by the burned gas which is generated from a burner and is distributed through manifolds,...
- Cost Rationalization of Maintaining Post-Industrial Regions. Jonek-Kowalska, Izabela; Turek, Marian // Polish Journal of Environmental Studies;2013, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p727
Maintenance of the dewatering regions of liquidated mines has a yearly cost exceeding $50 million. The results of research and forecasts conducted allow us to state that, in the dewatering plants operating in the Upper-Silesian Coal Basin, there are possibilities of reducing the general costs by...
- Roof Boling Adds Stability to Weak Strata. Peng, Syd S. // Coal Age;Dec98, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p32
Discusses the importance of roof bolting to coal industry in the United States. Types of roof bolts for different conditions; Discussion on roof strata stability; How roof bolting works. INSET: Eight frequently asked roof bolting questions.
- Performance analysis of resin and mechanical anchorage bolting systems. // Coal International;May/Jun2013, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p46
The article discusses the role of the resin anchorage bolting system and the mechanical anchorage bolting system. It mentions that the two bolting systems are both active roof and can be used for pre-loading a roof bolt depending on the roof conditions. It notes that the performance of each...
- INCREMENTAL ADVANCES IN TECHNOLOGY HELP COAL MINERS HOLD COSTS DOWN. Fiscor, Steve // Coal Age;Aug2009, Vol. 114 Issue 8, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Lee Buchsbaum on North Dakota lignite miners, one on the Deer Creek mine ventilation and one on technology advancements in coal mining.
- TOP 10 COAL-PRODUCING STATES. // Coal Age;Jan2002, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p7
Presents a list of top 10 U.S. states that produce coal as of January 2002. Volume of coal production in Kentucky; Percentage of change in the coal production in Indiana; Status of coal production in Colorado.