Chicago City Council OKs Two Deals in 2002 Budget
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p35
Presents news updates concerning the Southwest bond market as of March 30, 2004. New Mexico's Albuquerque City Council's agreement to impose a one percent hotel tax while considering financing a new downtown hotel; Budget planning in the state of Arizona; Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry's signing...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32149, p39
This article reports on developments related to bonds in the United States. The Detroit City Council voted unanimously to override mayor Kwame Kilpatrick's veto of a budget that the council had cut more than the mayor proposed. With a budget for the new biennium beginning July 1, 2005 still in...
- Houston OKs Bond Deal; Morgan Stanley Co-Manager. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p36
Reports on approval of the sale of million dollar revenue bonds through syndicate Morgan Stanley & Co. by Houston, Texas City Council. Refund of the outstanding water and sewer revenue bonds through the sale; Underwriters for the sale deal; Recommendation of city councilman Mark Ellis to change...
- Land Snatch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p33
Reports that members of Denver City Council in Denver, Colorado have suggested they might seize several parcels of land pledged as collateral for a multi-million dollar loan the city guaranteed on behalf of Colorado Ocean Journey aquarium which was working through a Chapter 11 bankruptcy. ...
- Harrisburg's Receiver Vote. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;8/22/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33569, p7
The article reports on the plan of the city council of Harrisburg to vote on its financial receiver proposal at a special legislative session in Pennsylvania on August 31, 2011.
- CALIFORNIA: Record Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p50
Reports on the sale of $5.7 billion of revenue anticipation notes by California's municipal council, as of September 28, 2001. Significance of the proceeds for the state; Views expressed by State Treasurer Philip Angelides on bond sale; Composition of revenue anticipation notes.
- OREGON: Sprucing Up Salem. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p50
Reports that Oregon-based Salem City Council will decide on October 1, 2001 on whether to proceed with plans regarding the sale of bonds as an attempt to revive the economy. Proposed projects included in the plan; Amount recommended by the city staff for projects.
- Honolulu City Council again postpones discussion of wastewater bonds. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30485, p3
Reports on the Honolulu, Hawaii City Council's decision to postpone discussion on a $350 million wastewater system revenue refunding bond issue in its September 23, 1998 meeting. Need for the council to approve the issue before the securities can be sold on behalf of the joint city-county...
- Fund That Marina. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/27/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32058, p27
Reports on the decision of the Decatur City Council to use the proceeds from general obligation warrants for road and storm water improvements in Decatur, Alabama.