NORTH CAROLINA: Midway May Fly Again
- Midway Succumbs; Corporate Regroups. Rimmer, David // Business & Commercial Aviation;Oct2001, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p34
Reports the bankruptcy of Midway Airlines Inc., an air transport carrier in Raleigh, North Carolina. Decline for air transportation demand after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack; Operation of the company under bankruptcy protection; Decline of revenues due to low-fare competition from...
- Cash-strapped Midway Cuts Fleet, Slashes Workforce. Ott, James // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/20/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 8, p54
Discusses the decision of niche operator Midway Airlines to reduce its workforce and fleet after filing for protection under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code. Number of affected employees; Impact of economic slow down; Discontinuation of service to nine destinations.
- THE FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Mar2002, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p38
Discusses the bankruptcy of Midway Airlines Corp. in Morrisville, North Carolina. Investment of SAS Institute Inc. founder Jim Goodnight in the airline company; Reasons behind Midway's bankruptcy; Information on the partnership of Midway with American Airlines.
- Midway Airlines passenger alert. // Consumer Reports Travel Letter;Oct2001, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the filing of Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection by Midway Airlines in October 2001.
- Midway suspends all flights. // Consumer Reports Travel Letter;Nov2001, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the suspension of the flight operations of Midway Airlines in the United States as of November 2001.
- Midway starts as Sun stops. // Airline Business;Jan2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p14
Provides information on airline operators affected by the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack in the U.S. Sale of Sun Country Airlines after the decline in the number of customer availing charter flights; Bankruptcy protection filed by Midway Airlines.
- AIRLINE OUTLOOK. Fiorino, Frances // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/8/2003, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p17
Presents news briefs related to the airline industry in the U.S. Threats to liquidate Raleigh, North Carolina-based Midway Airlines Inc. by September 24; Expansion plans of Delta Connection carrier Comair.
- Midway Takes Off. Grant, Elaine X. // Travel Agent;03/13/2000, Vol. 298 Issue 12, p50
Reports on the growth of North Carolina-based Midway Airlines. Places where the airline has increased its flight frequency; Aircraft upgrading done by Midway; Reasons for Midway's popularity.
- North Carolina carrier may fly into N.O. International. Salvail, Andre // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/03/98, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
Reports that Durham, North Carolina-based Midway Airlines is considering the New Orleans International Airport for possible expansion. Number of destination the company serves; Other cities considered by the company for possible expansion; Names of other carrier that is considering to add...