Bond Insurers: Ambac, MBIA Stocks Reverse Fortune to Enjoy Heady Increase in November
- MBIA adds office in Milan. M.G. // Asset Securitization Report;3/15/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the Municipal Bond Investors Assurance (MBIA) Inc.'s opening of an office in Milan, Italy, headed by Luigi Stefano. Comments of MBIA Vice Chairman Jack Caouette on the international expansion of the company; Several project finance-type deals of MBIA in Italy; Percent increase in the...
- Ambac Seeks Prepackaged Bankruptcy. // American Banker;6/9/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 88, p16
The article discusses the announcement by the financial firm Ambac Financial Group Inc. that it is considering filing for a prepackaged bankruptcy due to its inability to obtain dividends from its bond insurance department.
- Bond Insurers: MBIA, Ambac Stocks Picked Up the Pace Late in 2001. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31296, p6
Reports on an increase in stock prices of Ambac Financial Group Inc. and MBIA Inc. Corporate profile of both the companies; Corporate profit of Ambac for the fourth quarter of the year 2001; Ratings given to the stock companies by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.
- MBIA insures future space needs with expansion of headquarters. Jordan, John // Westchester County Business Journal;8/2/93, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p14
Reports on Municipal Bond Investors Assurance Corp.'s (MBIA) space expansion of its King Street headquarters in Armonk. Costs; Accommodation for future growth; Developer and design consultant; Company profile.
- Ambac Opens Tokyo Office. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31085, p7
Focuses on bond insurer Ambac Financial Group Inc.'s establishment of an office in Tokyo, Japan. Overseas expansion by the firm; Ability to expand the market for structured products in Japan.
- Ambac Reschedules Voting and Confirmation Hearing. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/21/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33619, p5
The article reports that the plan confirmation hearing and voting deadline on a reorganization plan were rescheduled to January 4, 2012 by Municipal bond insurer Ambac Financial Group Inc.
- Report: Issuance Spurt Could Boost Insurance. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p7
Reports that growth in issuance of domestic municipal bonds in 2001 could make bond insurance a more visible market, according to a report from Banc of America Securities equity analyst Robert Ryan. Availability of attractive growth and return opportunities to insurers in the asset-backed and...
- Ambac and MBIA Shares Lost Value in 2002 But Still Beat S&P 500. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31545, p5
Reports on the improvement in stock prices of holding company MBIA Inc. and bond insurer Ambac Financial Group Inc. in 2002 compared to Standard & Poor's 500 Index. Comparison of stock prices of both the companies from October 2002 to December 2002; Factors responsible for a decrease in stock...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's New York Business;7/7/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p2
The article offers news briefs related to New York. Ambac Financial Group Inc. ceased trading on the New York Stock Exchange after its share price fell to $1.04. New York City's construction industry will form an independent organization to promote work-site safety after nine people were killed...