Houston MTA Chairman Stepping Down
- Houston Councilmen Tussle Over Holding Light-Rail Referendum. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31084, p37
Reports on a Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority plan to build a starter light-rail line. Possible referendum on the plan of the city; Battle against light-rail proposal.
- Houston light rail? Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p2A
Reports on the Houston, Texas, Metropolitan Transit Authority's vote for the construction of a light rail system in the city. Plans in financing the project.
- HOUSTON METRO'S TURNAROUND. Kiepper, Alan F.; Baker, W. Randolph // Management Review;Dec85, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p33
Discusses the transformation of the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris Country, Texas (METRO) from the worst to the most outstanding local transit authority in the United States. Growth in ridership; Basic management techniques of METRO; Employee compensation program of METRO; Improvement...
- Latest LRT/university clash arises in Houston. // Railway Age;Jul2012, Vol. 213 Issue 7, p11
The article reports the University of Houston has requested the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (Metro) to keep the Light-Rail Transit (LRT) off its property in the development of the Southeast Line of the city of Houston in Texas.
- Houston Transit Gets Special Treatment in Spending Bill. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31678, p36
Focuses on the insertion of languages by U.S. Representative John Culberson into the federal transportation bill that bars Houston, Texas from receiving transit money if the Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority does not ask voters for approval before expanding its light-rail system. Reaction...
- Houston Jumps on Bandwagon With New Contract Awards. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;01/24/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the program management and design awards of the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County in Houston, Texas. Services that will be provided by STV Inc. to the authority; Information on the authority's fast-track contract; Details on the Millennium Mobility Plan of the authority.
- Judge overturns 21% agency goal. Powers, Mary Buckner // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/24/97, Vol. 239 Issue 21, p14
Reports on a federal judge's ruling striking down the Houston, Texas Metropolitan Transit Authority's affirmative action program. Reaffirmation of prohibition against selecting a contractor based on race, ethnicity or sex; Program's requirement that 21% of contract awards go to minority and...
- See-Thru Shelters Protect Passengers from Weather and Would-Be Woes While Waiting. // Government Product News;Apr2000, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p23
Presents information on the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (METRO) in Houston, Texas. Major issues considered by the METRO architects in the design of transit facilities; Description of windscreens being used transit facilities.
- Houston Metro Seeks LOC for Light Rail. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/16/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32858, p1
The article reports that the Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) in Texas is seeking a new letter of credit (LOC) to support its light-rail system. The LOC is intended to support its short-term debt as it plans $3 billion for light rail expansion. Depfa Bank may not renew its $200...