Transportation: San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge Project Gets $450 Million TIFIA Loan
- Totaled spans up in 18 days. Kohn, David // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/4/96, Vol. 236 Issue 9, p13
Reports that a 326 foot long damaged bridge in Venice, Florida was replaced in 18 days. How it became damaged; United States Department of Transportation's estimated time to repair bridge; How it was repaired in 18 days; Listing of companies that helped in the effort.
- TOLL QUESTIONS LINGER AFTER TAPPAN ZEE LOANS OK'D. LUNGARIELLO, MARK // Westchester County Business Journal;7/28/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 30, p1
The article discusses the cost of toll on the Tappan Zee Bridge replacement in the wake of the approval of $256 million low-interest loans by the New York Public Authorities Control Board. Information on $1.6 billion loan from the U.S. Department of Transportation to the state is presented. It...
- Over 60,000 Bridges Structurally Deficient. // Metal Center News;May2015, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p53
The article discusses a report from the U.S. Department of Transportation National Bridge inventory database which reveals that more than 60,000 bridges in the country are structurally deficient, as of May 2015.
- Bridge work. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/24/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 15, p4
The article reports on the percentage of bridges in New Hampshire that were either structurally deficient or functionally obsolete in 2013, according to the U.S. Transportation Department, and notes the number of deficient bridges by county.
- RAILROAD TRUSS ROLLS INTO PLACE IN A WEEKEND OF HYDRAULICS. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/14/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 16, p12
Focuses on the installation of bridge in Philadelphia by Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Cost of the project; Contractor of the bridge; Limitation of traffic disruption on Interstate 76 west of Philadelphia.
- Banks added to lending list. // Overdrive;Dec2010, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p56
The article reports that U.S. Department of Transportation' Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization has guaranteed 750,000 dollars in loans for eligible small and disadvantaged business.
- House Members Want Action. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;4/26/99, Vol. 258 Issue 4, p15
Reports the absence of regulations guiding potential applicants for the Transportation Equity Act in the United States. Objectives of the federally guaranteed loans; Need of the Department of Transportation to expedite the loan program; Letter submitted by the bipartisan leadership of the House...
- Amtrak, DOT Hammer Out Temporary Funding Plan. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/2/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31420, p4
Reports the loan agreement between the Department of Transportation and rail service provider Amtrak in the U.S. Provision of loan from the Federal Railroad Administration; Initiation of additional cash in operating funds; Enhancement of financial accountability.
- Virginia, Ohio Transportation Projects Want $350 Million in TIFIA Loans. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31742, p4
Reports on the plan of the backers of transportation projects in Virginia and Ohio to apply for two direct loans under the Transportation Infrastructure Financing and Innovation Act program of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). Percentage of the construction costs of surface...