Public Power: Bond Provisions to Be Added to Daschle Bill Next Year
- Daschle Corners His Own Party. Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;4/29/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the proposed legislative bills and initiatives that was blocked by U.S. Democratic Senate Leader Tom Daschle. Prevention of the oil drilling initiative at the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge; Obstruction of Daschle to the banning of human cloning; Move of Daschle to stop the...
- FOR THE DEMOCRATS, A LOOMING DILEMMA. Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;8/30/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p2621
Focuses on the dilemma facing U.S. Senator Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) over the issue of Medicare prescription drug bill. Discussion on the implications for Daschle if he would support or oppose the bill; Efforts of the U.S. House and the U.S. Senate to find a compromise on their versions of the bill;...
- Senate, House farm bill leader s looking for a compromise. Laws, Forrest // Southwest Farm Press;4/3/2008, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p4
The author reflects on the procrastination of the U.S. Congress to pass a farm bill in the U.S. He compares the processing of the 2002 farm bill headed by former Senate majority leader Tom Daschle to the 2008 processing. He highlights the differences like the members of the conference committee...
- THE CONSCIENCE--OR CRANK--OF THE SENATE. Victor, Kirk // National Journal;10/20/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 42, p3264
Focuses on the response of Senate Majority Leader Thomas A. Daschle, D-S.D., to the opposition of Senator Russell Feingold, D.-Wis., to a pay raise issue and anti-terrorism bill. Proposal of Feingold to the Senate; Details of the bills; Statements by Daschle.
- Energy: Senate rider would boost ethanol use. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/19/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 19, p11
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist and Minority Leader Tom Daschle want to amend the omnibus energy bill to help ethanol use. That would cut revenue flowing to the Highway Trust Fund because gasohol is taxed 5.2Â¢ per gallon less than gasoline. But a package of tax provisions to be...
- Asbestos reoform heads on but cost still unknown. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;1/17/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p3
The article reports that U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter is sticking with his plan to send an asbestos liability reform bill to the Senate leadership within the next few weeks, even though the reform's price tag remains unknown. He said that a $140 billion figure agreed to...
- Dems playing politics with stimulus package. Blakeman, Bruce // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/8/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p51A
Reports that Democrat Thomas Daschle, Majority Leader of the U.S. Senate is playing a partisan politics by holding up legislation for an economic stimulus package.
- DASCHLE, PRAIRIE FIREBALL. // Christian Science Monitor;12/21/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 21, p12
Discusses the role of United States Senate majority leader Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) and the challenges he faces surrounding the proposed economic stimulus bill and the popularity of wartime President George W. Bush.
- Tom Daschle Chosen to Head HHS, Reform Efforts. // ACA News (American Chiropractic Association);Jan2009, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p8
The article announces that South Dakota Democratic Senator Tom Daschle was appointed to carry out Barack Obama's healthcare agenda.