Gov. Ventura, Lawmakers Discuss Minnesota Deficit
- Minnesota Lawmakers Push to Close $2B Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p4
Discusses cuts suggested by Minnesota lawmakers to governor Jesse Ventura, in an effort to close a budget deficit faced by the state. Appeal of the governor to the state's lawmakers; State reserves that lawmakers and Ventura hope to tap; Level at which the state's reserve will be tapped.
- The body politic registers a protest. BEILER, DAVID // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Feb99, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p34
Reports on Jesse Ventura's victory in the 1998 Minnesota gubernatorial election. Ventura's career background; Significance of Ventura's victory; Information on the Ventura campaign.
- Letting Jesse be Jesse. Klobuchar, Jim // Christian Science Monitor;3/1/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 66, p9
Discusses Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura, including biographical information.
- The First Hundred Hours. Pierce, Charles P. // Esquire;Apr99, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p100
Examines into the first hundred hours of Jesse Ventura as governor of Minnesota in 1999. Activity after the inauguration ceremony; Description of the Ventura administration; Proposed law about jet skis.
- Ventura leaves Reform Party. // State Government News;Apr2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the resignation of Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura from the Reform Party. Reason for his resignation; Comments from Ventura.
- From This Clay. McCarthy, Thomas J. // America;12/5/1998, Vol. 179 Issue 18, p6
Focuses on the election of Jesse Ventura, former professional wrestler, as governor of Minnesota in 1998. Comments on Ventura; His image; Qualities; Message of his Reform Party; Concerns on his victory.
- GETTING BEYOND CHARISMA. Jacobson, Louis // National Journal;10/28/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p3430
Profiles Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura. Public opinion on Ventura's governance; Policies that Ventura implemented in Minnesota; Challenges faced by Ventura.
- The 'Body' Politic. Lee, Sunny // Entertainment Weekly;11/9/2001, Issue 624, p116
Features James Janos, also known as Jesse 'The Body' Ventura, former professional wrestler and elected governor of Minnesota.
- `Body' politics. Lehrer, Eli // Insight on the News;06/21/99, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the results of survey questions threw in by the Fox News and Opinion Dynamics on former World Wrestling Federation superstar turned Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura. Ventura as Democrats' choice; Statistics against Vice President Al Gore and Republican Party front-runner George W. Bush.