Lawmakers Compromise on District of Columbia's Fiscal 2002 Funding Bill
- Recent action in the Congress. // Congressional Digest;Feb2000, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p34
Presents the proposed bills filed in the United States House of Representatives and Senate from September 1999 through November 1999. Includes Organ Donor Leave Act; Campaign Finance Reform; Civil Aviation Research and Development; National Monument Compliance; Health Research and Quality Act;...
- Recent action in the Congress. // Congressional Digest;May99, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p130
Enumerates the key measures considered during the first session of the 106th Congress of the United States from January 6, 1999 to March 1999. Includes the Mandates Information Act for the proposed Federal private sector mandates; Small Business Paperwork Reduction Act Amendments; Impeachment...
- Highway talks break down, accusations fly. Laing, Keith; Kasperowicz, Pete // Hill;6/14/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 75, p1
The article presents information on failure of the negotiations between the House and Senate of the U.S. Congress on a new highway bill.
- Lots of bills still in play as session nears home stretch. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/13/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 51, p12
The article discusses the large number of legislative bills still pending in the U.S. House and Senate despite having its sessions nearing its end.
- House, Senate Armed Services Committee Unveil New Compromise Defense Bill. Eckstein, Megan // Defense Daily;12/10/2013, p11
The article reports on an agreement reached by the U.S. House and Senate armed services committee to write a new defense authorization bill which is expected to be passed by the end of 2014. Two bills from the House and Senate were melted, along with language from 79 amendments the Senate was...
- Acts Approved by the President. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/23/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p794
Provides information on the legislative bills that were approved by U.S. President George W. Bush on June 17, 2003. House Resolution 192 or Public Law 108-31; Senate Resolution 273 or the Public Law No. 108-32; Provisions of the laws.
- 108th Congress - Second Session. // NCADD Washington Report;Jun2004, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p2
The article presents information on the action taken by the U.S. Congress on several bills as of June 14, 2004. The Anabolic Steroid Control act of 2004, bill number H.R. 3866, which amends the Controlled Substances Act to provide increase penalties for anabolic steroid offences near sports...
- Legislative Background. // Congressional Digest;Jan2010, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p9
The article provides information on consumer financial protection measures proposed in the U.S. congress beginning in June 2009. Provided is information on measures being taken in the U.S. house of representatives and in the senate during that period and the outlook for the passage of...
- Amending the Voting Rights Bill. Bickel, Alexander M. // New Republic;5/1/65, Vol. 152 Issue 18, p10
Examines the amended Senate and House versions of U.S. President Lyndon Johnson's voting rights bill. Provision of the original voting rights bill by the administration of Johnson; Amendments to the bill adopted by the Senate Judiciary Committee; Difficulty with the Civil Rights Act of 1960 in...