- Tax push targets commuters. McLaughlin, Kathleen // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/27/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 49, p1
The article presents information on a proposal of Indy Chamber that commuter tax is the best way for solving financial problems that is posing threat for Marion County, Indiana. Indy Chamber is charged with attracting jobs as well as business investment to the county. One of the most common...
- Northeast bond-watch. Meisler, Daniel; Harris, Elizabeth E.; Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30656, p29
Reports on developments related to municipal bonds in United States as of June 7, 1999. Includes Maryland Governor Parris Glendening's announcement of plans to spend tobacco settlement funding on cancer research; Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co.'s plan to revise provisions in its...
- SHOULD COMMUTERS PAY? // Crain's New York Business;12/5/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p4
The article presents results of the online poll, conducted by the periodical "Crain's New York Business," on the topic that should commuters to New York City (NYC) pay a tax. According to John H. McLellan, president John McLellan Associates Manhattan, this tax was eliminated to curry favor with...
- Business & Finance. // Christian Science Monitor;9/16/99, Vol. 91 Issue 204, p20
Notes business and financial news in the United States as of September 1999 including the impact of oil costs on inflation in the United States, the acquisition of General Instrument Corp. by Motorola and the merger between Dime Bancorp and Hudson United Bancorp.
- Business & Financial. // Insurance Advocate;03/06/99, Vol. 110 Issue 10, p26
Presents news briefs on business and finance in the United States. New York Assemblyman Pete Grannis' bill that calls for the liberalization of the international investment limits on life insurers; Retention of Scott Johnson as capital markets specialist at the New York State Insurance...
- Keeping track of commuting expenses. // Tax Strategist;Feb2010, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the need to include the cost of transportation to and from school as expenses for work-related education in the U.S.
- Scranton Seeking Court Permission for 1% Commuter Tax. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;10/15/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33796, p20
The article informs that the city council of Scranton in Pennsylvania is attempting to get court permission for commuter tax of one percent for the cash-strapped city.
- Flexibility, persistence keys to small biz financing. Simpson, Catherine // Fort Worth Business Press;06/23/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p26
Explains how to procure financing for a small business in the United States. Advice on bank loan applications; Tip for the creation of a business plan; Advantage of a consultation at the Women's Business center.
- Dupes of False Innovation. Pollock, Alex J. // American Banker;2/18/2011, Vol. 176 Issue F307, p8
The article presents the author's views on innovation, noting that creative mortgages, a contest to find a word with the opposite meaning of "bubble," and the option ARM or adjustable rate mortgage are not real innovations, but interest rate swaps, senior-subordinated securitizations, money...