Report: Texas Schools Need Finance Reform or System Could 'Collapse'
- School Spending and Staffing. Bushweller, Kevin // Education Week;05/09/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p6
Summarizes findings of the report 'Tribute for a Light: Public Education Spending and Staffing,' from the Education Intelligence Agency.
- No Salary Raises for Washington Teachers In Next School Year. // Education Week;4/28/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 31, p3
The article reports on the cancellation of the 6.8-percent average salary increase awarded to teachers and other school employees for the 1982-1983 fiscal year in Washington. The measure is the result of the recent "trim-and-tax" actions taken by legislature to correct a 500-million-dollar...
- Highlights from NAIS's latest data on tuition and salaries. // Independent School;Winter92, Vol. 51 Issue 2, NAIS News p3
Presents excerpts from the full statistical report of the National Association of Independent Schools on tuition and salaries in member schools as of school year 1991-1992.
- President's Perspective. Applegate, Thomas N. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Sep2003, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on the challenges faced by career and technical education professionals in the U.S. Reauthorization of the Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Applied Technology Act; Reduction of education funds; Elimination of the grant distribution formulas.
- District Chiefs Chits Prompt Spending Rules. // Education Week;9/10/1986, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p27
The article reports on the new guidelines for spending rules among employees in Saint Louis, Missouri. Based on the new guidelines, traveling expenses among employees on district business will be limited and must be fully documented for liquidation of expenses. In addition, the school board...
- Parents learn how GMCS spends state, federal funds. BITSóí, ALASTAIR LEE // Navajo Times;8/22/2013, Vol. 52 Issue 34, pA-7
The article discusses how the public hearing involving discussion of spending of funds by school officials from Gallup McKinley County Schools in New Mexico, provided a platform for parents to learn about spending of federal funds by schools.
- Pennsylvania Voters Turn Down Increased Benefits. // Education Week;11/16/1981, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p2
The article reports on the disapproval by Pennsylvania voters to a proposal that would have increased pension benefits for spouses of deceased teachers and other school workers belonging to the Public School Employee Retirement System. The measure have allowed the legislature to allocate...
- News in brief. // Education Week;3/13/96, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p19
Presents brief news reports on education. Utah voters to decide whether money now constitutionally required to go to K-12 schools can be used instead for higher education; Mississippi education department to assume control of the financially strapped North Panola schools; Public school...
- Tribes likely to amend Truancy Code. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Apr2010, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p6
Information about several papers discussed at the meeting between the representatives from schools in Athena and Pendleton, Oregon regarding troublesome students, increase attendance, and improve grades. Topics include the improvement of communication between Tribal Indian Education...