NEWS IN BRIEF
- Golden opportunities glow along I-88 corridor. Griffin, Kate // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, pR25
Reports that small businesses which became successful along Interstate 88 in DuPage County, Chicago are the key to the employment base there. Who supply two-thirds of employment in DuPage County; What is included in growing industries; Effect of deregulation in telecommunications in DuPage...
- John E. Burns Reports. // Industrial Management;Mar73, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p14
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of March 1973. Number of unemployed persons placed by the U.S. Employment Service in job vacancies; Rate of job vacancy in the manufacturing industry; Increase in the number of college graduates under the age of 25.
- International Raisins expanding and bringing 85 new jobs to Fresno. Wright, Don A. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/11/2000, Issue 322706, p3
Reports the implication of International Raisins Inc. expansion for the labor market in Fresno, California. Approval of bond allocations by California Debt Limit Allocation Committee; Benefits of the bond sale proceeds; Completion of the project.
- DeeDee Doke. Doke, DeeDee // Recruiter;2/9/2011, p3
In this article, the author examines the difference of job opportunities in small businesses in the U.S. and in Great Britain.
- Rise in job opportunities attributed to small-business start-ups. Gouliquer, Dianne // Northern Ontario Business;Jun2001, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p3B
Reports the role of small-business start-ups in the increase of job opportunities in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Support of the government to small businesses; Suitability of Thunder City for start-ups; Commendation for the high quality product standards.
- Corridor Connector Links Businesses To Professionals. // Corridor Business Journal;12/1/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p1
The article focuses on a collaborative initiative Corridor Connector, funded by the Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce (ICAD) and Diversity Focus to connect businesses to job seekers and Joan Murrin has been selected to fulfill the role of connector.
- BUSINESS LAW MARKETING. Fitzgerald, Nancy // Careers & Colleges;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the job opportunities in business and law. Important skills in working with companies engaged in business and law; Job openings for potential employees; Importance of a master's degree in business administration for young businessmen.
- Logistics. Richardson, Helen L. // Transportation & Distribution;Oct94, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p41
Discusses the job opportunities in logistics. Factors affecting small- and medium-sized companies' move toward logistics; Emergence of third party logistics companies; Salary range of logistics executives; Outsourcing of logistics function; Pipeline or channel management; Pennsylvania State...
- An Institute Service to Members. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Apr2002, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p69
Presents information on job vacancies for professionals in the field of business logistics and transportation in Great Britain, available as of April 2002.