LIPA Ponders $589 Million Swap Option With UBS AG
- Market Watch. Cornell, Jonathan // Mortgage Strategy;3/5/2007, p35
The article cites the factors affecting the decline of swaps in Great Britain. The author pointed out that swaps have managed to edge down about 0.18 percent in January 2007. Lender tends to leave a market-leading rate out for an entire week for brokers to collect applications. Savings were used...
- International reserves and swap lines: Substitutes or complements? Aizenman, Joshua; Jinjarak, Yothin; Park, Donghyun // International Review of Economics & Finance;Jan2011, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p5
Abstract: Developing Asia experienced a sharp surge in foreign currency reserves prior to the 2008ï¿½9 crisis. The global crisis has been associated with an unprecedented rise of swap agreements between central banks of larger economies and their counterparts in smaller economies. We explore...
- The itch to switch. FIELD, NICOLA // Money (Australia Edition);Apr2012, Issue 144, p46
The article considers the transactions that come with swapping financial products to a new bank under the tick and flick initiative of the federal government of Australia. It explains the savings from transferring credit card balance to another institution, as well as the savings and downside of...
- The Bond Market Association Municipal Swap Index. // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p30
Presents the average yield on seven-day high-grade variable-rate demand obligations of swaps as of January 21, 1998.
- Index-linked muni swaps. // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p30
Presents rates of municipal swaps in the United States as of January 23, 1998.
- N.J. Considers Hiring Firm for School-Construction Swap Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p1
Reports that New Jersey is considering hiring a politically connected Pennsylvania financial advisor to devise a multi-billion dollar forward swap plan for the state's school construction bond program as of November 2002. Consideration of the pros and cons of a forward swap of the school...
- Slower growth foreseen for swaps. // American Banker;2/7/94, Vol. 159 Issue 25, p22
No abstract available.
- OTC derivatives positions increase 37% in '96. // Pensions & Investments;3/31/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p52
Focuses on the growth of over-the-counter derivatives in Australia, by 37 percent in 1996. Details on data complied by International Swaps and Derivatives Association.
- Getting out of a swap. Bensman, Miriam // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p40
Discusses ways for companies to withdraw from a swap deal. Termination of contract; Assigning the contract to another counterparty offering a better price; Neutralizing the swap by arranging a mirror transaction.