THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITY?
- NEWS ROUNDUP. Quinn, Michelle L. // Marketing News;10/8/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p3
The article presents news related to marketing as of October 8, 2001. China came one step closer to membership in the World Trade Organization when it formalized an accord with Mexico that addresses tariffs between the two countries. The agreement allows Mexico to keep some of the tariffs in...
- Brand giants find that going global means getting local. Crain, Rance // Crain's Chicago Business;03/06/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p11
Comments on the waning trend of the global marketing of brand name products. Skepticism on the Publicis-Fallon McElligot deal; Sentiments of Third World nations on the plans to impose commercial product standards on local retailers; Situations exemplifying global consumer resistance; Impact on...
- Solving international transportation problems. Sherwood, Charles S.; Bruns, Robert // Review of Business;Summer/Fall92, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p25
Examines the complexities of international distribution for smaller firms taking advantage of expanding exports. Basic components of an international movement; Ways of handling of an export movement by the shipper; Services of an international freight forwarder; Non-vessel-operating common...
- Unraveling the Mystique of Export Pricing. Cavusgil, S. Tamer // Business Horizons;May/Jun88, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p54
Despite export pricing's importance and complexity, very little empirical research has been conducted that might give managers norms to follow. This article attempts to illuminate this important area of international marketing management. The overall purpose is to provide a better...
- Performance companies. Deshpande, Rohit // International Journal of Medical Marketing;May2002, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p225
Discusses trends and changes in global marketing. Assessment of the democratization of technology; Importance of the Internet to the transparency of pricing; Information on the internationalization of start-up businesses; Role of consumers in the globalization of marketing.
- This party's just starting. Jones, Arthur // World Trade;Sep97 Supplement, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p44
Presents the tenth step of global trade which is evaluation, analysis and review. Review of the steps on how to penetrate the Taiwanese market; Summary of the detailed outcome for the companies that actually made the Taiwan trip; Main lessons in pushing global trade for small businesses. ...
- A Mission for Detectives Looking for Importers. Jocteur-Monrozier, Bertrand // International Trade Forum;2000, Issue 1, p11
Addresses the problems of exporters in finding information about importers. Variations in the level of detail in directories of importers; Services provided by trade support institutions; Steps for searching business prospects.
- SOME EXPERIENCE OF THE FIRST YEAR OF AN EXPERIMENT IN MATERIAL INCENTIVE. Erd�s, K�lm�n // Soviet & Eastern European Foreign Trade;Jul/Aug67, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p33
Relates experiences of the first year of an experimental system of export-benefit sharing. Promotion of exports; Source and method of calculation of export of the Gains Sharing System; Interest in profitable marketing.
- MARKETING IN FOREIGN TRADE. Oblath, Gy�rgy // Soviet & Eastern European Foreign Trade;Summer70, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p86
Explores marketing practices in the context of foreign trade. Marketing research; Advertisement and publicity; Price policy and price analysis; Customer service.
- Parallel imports: whom should trade marks protect? Lux, Gary // Consumer Policy Review;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p222
Reports on increasing demands for parallel imports, branded goods brought abroad and imported into Great Britain at discounted prices. Factors which contributed to the existence of parallel imports; Legal policies on parallel imports; Impact of policy implementation regarding imported products...