City & Guilds' bid to beat the old school
- PUBLIC NOTICE. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/15/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p7
The article presents a public notice related to the offering of career and technology programs in agricultural vocational courses and microcomputer courses by the Aquilla Independent School District (ISD) in 2009 in Texas.
- Busk. McEleny, Charlotte // New Media Age;3/31/2011, p36
The article reviews the Busk web site alexmoore-projects.co.uk/Busk from Great Britain's School of Communication Arts 2.0.
- Prison-design studio Barbed produces first work. // Marketing Week;6/15/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p12
The article reports on the creation of the first commercial work for RESET, a program for young offenders in England, by prison-based design studio Barbed. The studio was established by the Howard League for Penal Reform at Her Majesty's Prison Coldingley in Surrey. It employs six prisoners who...
- DfEE seeks shop to back practical degree courses. // Marketing (00253650);3/15/2001, p4
Reports the support of the Department for Education and Employment for the Foundation Degrees, a vocational higher education qualification advertisement in Great Britain.
- THE TRAINING PRODUCTION LINE. Sell, Susie // Regeneration & Renewal;3/23/2009, p19
The article discusses the impact of bringing back of apprenticeships in Great Britain. It notes from the advertising campaign of businessman Sir Alan Sugar that apprenticeship is back again in the country. It mentions that this is a part of the government's strategy for addressing the impact of...
- MARYLAND'S LIBRARY PUBLIC AWARENESS CAMPAIGN FOR CTE. GILLI, LYNNE M.; LOHNES, MARJORIE R. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Sep2011, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p40
The article focuses on the marketing and public awareness campaign for career and technical education (CTE) system in Maryland. It states that the campaign, which was made in collaboration with the state's public library system, has begun to alleviate the misconceptions about the benefits that...
- TRAINING ORGANIZATIONS & SCHOOLS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p86
A list of the top training organizations and schools in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on enrollment in 2008 is presented, including the Collefe of Southern Nevada, University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, and Soaring Eafle Enterprises.
- Volunteer miss NVQs. // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p9
Reports on the results of a study showing the need for more responsive financial support to the appeals of voluntary workers in Great Britain wishing to gain National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs).
- Vocational Education drifts along. // Commonweal;4/20/84, Vol. 111 Issue 5, p240
The student graduated with good grades and high recommendations in the school's vocational education printing program. But the equipment he learned to operate--quite skillfully-was no longer being used in most print shops in town. There is a major rethink necessary and a modernization needed in...