ITC review so radical you wouldn't even notice it
- ITC rules on ads for BT, CitroÃ«n and Vodafone. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign (UK);10/18/2002, Issue 41, p8
Reports the ban of transmitting the television advertisement of the British Telecom, CitroÃ«n and Vodafone in Great Britain. Complaints of the viewers; Decision of the Independent Television Commission; Disapproval on the sexual nature of the commercial.
- U-turn on advertising is Christmas bonus for ITV. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;1/4/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p15
Comments on the increase in advertising minutage agreed between ITV cable television network and the Independent Television Commission (ITC) in Great Britain. Controversy over the inclusion of a quid pro quo in the deal; Speculations on the restoration of a primetime news bulletin on ITV;...
- Government is the only winner in fight for digital terrestrial TV. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);7/4/2002, p16
Reports the role of Independent Television Commission on the digital terrestrial television in Great Britain. Emphasis on the commercial television licence; Emergence of DTT phoenix on television; Projection of the development of the course for analog switch-off.
- Brits battle bundling. Boehm, Erich // Variety;08/17/98, Vol. 371 Issue 14, p32
Reports the demand of British cable companies to review the decision of the Independent Television Commission (ITC) to phase out television channel bundling. Claims of cable companies on the decision; Opposition to channel bundling order; Statement of ITC on their decision.
- TV under fire for being preoccupied with sex. // Marketing Week;4/1/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p15
Reports on the preoccupation of television with sex in Great Britain. Screening of programs with adult materials by the Independent Television Commission; Levels of entertainment and comedy.
- ITC and Ofcom lift joint sales ban. Lee, Jeremy // Campaign;12/5/2003, Issue 49, p7
The prospect of further consolidation in the TV sales market moved a step closer after the Independent Television Commission (ITC) and Ofcom lifted a ban on the joint selling of airtime. The ITC and Ofcom believe the robust provisions of the Competition Act and the increasing body of competition...
- Assigning digital licences is not as simple as B, C, D. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;6/20/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p17
Discusses issues related to digital terrestrial television in Great Britain. Confusion of the Independent Television Commission (ITC) in selecting companies for the license to operate digital television; List of companies bidding for the license; Options available for ITC.
- Break time. // Consumer Policy Review;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p117
Reports on the British Independent Television Commission's call for comments on the case for allowing ITV, C4 and C5 to show more advertising.
- Backbite. Beale, Claire // Campaign;12/12/97, Issue 50, p47
Relates the TV Advertising Complaints report published by the Great Britain Independent Television Commission. Criticisms made on several advertising campaigns.