Granada eyes pair of soap mag spin-offs
- Soap opera titles rise with the tide. Beam, Cris // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/1/97, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p15
Features the soap opera magazines `Soaps in Depth,' from Bauer Publishing and the `Soap Opera News,' from Lantana. Audience differences; Editorials; Circulation prices; Trends in newsstand sales; Purchasing decisions of soap opera buyers; Web sites of soap opera magazines.
- Kissed off. Sanderson, Terry // Gay Times (09506101);Apr2003, Issue 295, p85
Discusses a gay kissing scene from an episode of the British soap opera 'Casualty.' Reactions of television viewers to the episode and to related articles published by 'The Sun' and 'The Daily Mail'; Concerns over the implications of the episode; Comments on the behavior of the society towards...
- SPACE BARONS. // PRWeek (London);5/22/2009, p15
The article reviews the periodical "Soaplife."
- Soap Circ Drama. Granatstein, Lisa // MediaWeek;2/24/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p35
Reports on the decision of publishing company Primedia to change the circulation rate bases of its magazines that feature television soap operas in January 2003. Reasons behind the move; Analysis of the circulation rates of such magazines by Nielsen Media Research; Information on the decision...
- TV LISTINGS TITLES. Bussey, Noel // Campaign;2/23/2007, Issue 8, p34
The article focuses on the performance of the TV listings periodicals in Great Britain. Sales of the listing titles have increased by just 0.8 percent year on year, and 0.7 percent period on period. The premium sector leads the way and continues to be profitable, with a sales value of more than...
- Soap opera bridal fantasies. Rabinovitz, Lauren // Screen;Autumn92, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p274
The article examines the representation of weddings in soap operas. According to television scholars, marriage in soap operas is not a point of narrative and ideological closure because soap operas interrogate the ritual as they celebrate it. Soap operas are said to construct sexual difference...
- Girls, football and lights: what lads want to watch. // Campaign;4/18/2008, Issue 15, p17
An interview with Bravo's controller David Clark and Nuts TV's director of programming Joe Talbot is presented. When asked about the television programs highlighted by their networks, Clarke stresses to feature "Bravo," while Talbot states to broadcast "Bushido â€• Way of The Warrior."...
- Cadbury 1st sponsor of top U.K. show. // Advertising Age;4/1/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 14, p56
The article reports on the sponsorship agreement between Cadbury and Granada TV's soap opera "Coronation Street." The investment of Cadbury for the first year is nearly 15 million dollars.
- Soap stars shine. Fitzgerald, Kate // Advertising Age;7/29/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 31, p12
The article reports that the "Soap Opera Digest" magazine is building on a series of in-store supermarket and drugstore promotions with cast members from television soap operas in the U.S. beginning in September 1996. Key issues discussed include details of the tour hitting five major shopping...