Boots Opticians marketing chief latest to join exodus of executives
- Boots boss lauded. // Optometry Today;6/5/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p14
The article reports that Elizabeth Fagan, marketing and trading director at Boots Opticians, was ranked number 17 in Marketing's Power100 Marketers. The Power 100 list, which was headed by Sainsbury's chief executive Justin King, described Fagan's career as a success. The contributions of Fagan...
- Boots Opticians site gives online spectacle fitting. // Marketing (00253650);5/11/2000, p14
Reports on the Web site of British firm Boots Opticians. Opportunity for customers to book eye tests online.
- Boots signs to new scheme. // Optometry Today;5/6/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p28
The article offers information on the Apprenticeship in Optical Retailing, a nationally accredited vocational qualification developed by Boots Opticians and EDI.
- Boots Opticians returns to TV. // Optometry Today;1/14/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that Boots Opticians has launched its TV promotional campaign on how people react about wearing glasses.
- Boots launches eye check app. // Optometry Today;11/11/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 22, p18
This article reports on the launch of the Eye Check app by Boots Opticians.
- Boots Opticians fined Â£30,000. // Optometry Today;7/3/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 13, p5
The article reports on the fine imposed against Boots Opticians for its failure to stop student, Trevor Burgess, from dispensing spectacles to a patient without proper supervision by an optometrist or dispensing optician. Allegations have been found by the fitness to practise (FTP) panel of the...
- A test case is analysed. // Optometry Today;7/3/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 13, p5
The article deals with the opinion of Boots Opticians director David Cartwright on the firm's supervision fitness to practise case. He said it is helpful for the profession that the British General Optical Council (GOC) has clarified where supervision is required. He added that they have put in...
- Boots called to GOC hearing. // Optometry Today;1/16/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the hearing that will be held by the British General Optical Council (GOC) fitness to practise committee for the alleged misconduct of Boots Opticians. Boots is accused of failing to take actions to prevent the dispense by Trevor Burgess of spectacles to a patient under...
- ASA raps Boots Opticians over' exaggerated' claims. Rosser, Michael // Precision Marketing;02/08/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p3
Reports that Boots Opticians has been censured by the Advertising Standards Authority for hitting consumers with exaggerated and misleading direct mail promoting its laser eye surgery. Complaints of Thornton & Wright Opticians against Boots; Remarks from Boots about the mailing advertisement...