Cosmosair bypasses travel agents with direct mail brochure
- Direct mail the getaway way. // Travel Agent;5/16/94, Vol. 271 Issue 3, TWA Getaway p6
Recommends direct mail advertising for travel agencies. Need for a computer and word processing program; Knowledge of target audience; Types of direct mail; Tips for creating a brochure; Newsletters. INSETS: Direct mail letter writing..;Davidson Travelog newspaper...
- "Hi-tech" Travel Partners. // Travel Daily;11/11/2013, p1
The article reports that travel agency Travel Partners has launched a direct mail campaign in the form of a video booklet targeted at disenfranchised travel agencies searching for branded option without having to pay high franchise fees, enabling them to trade under an existing business name.
- Worldchoice mail-out. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;10/13/2003, Issue 1689, p3
Worldchoice Enterprises is piloting a regional direct-mail initiative to target extra sales. The trial involves mailing out exclusive Thomas Cook offers to households near Worldchoice agents in the northwest. If successful, it would be rolled out in the new year to all regions.
- News from NEST. // Travel Agent;9/19/2005, Vol. 322 Issue 9, p88
Reports that the Network of Entrepreneurs Selling Travel (NEST) offers the new NESTDirect direct mail program for home-based travel agents in the U.S. in 2005. Key features of NESTDirect and its benefits for travel agents; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications for travel...
- Warner's short breaks. Prior, Louise // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;10/1/2004, Issue 2634, p18
Reports on the offering of resort operator Mark Warner Ltd. of an increased range of ski weekend and summer short breaks for holidaymakers in Great Britain. Impact of the decline in demand for holidays during summer on the offerings made; Hotel and other accommodation provided to customers...
- Midconsort ready to exploit Triton cracks. Nelson, Paul // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;3/10/2006, Issue 1811, p3
This article reports that Midconsort is actively attempting to poach members from superpower Triton Travel Group Ltd. with a direct marketing campaign. The consortium will mail out "10 Reasons To Join Midconsort" to independents across Great Britain in April 2006. Worldchoice members will be...
- Emails are effective marketing. // Travel Weekly (UK);6/20/2008, p16
The article reports on the views of travel industry expert Catherine Leech regarding the use of electronic mails in marketing holidays in Great Britain. According to her, agents should not hesitate to collect customers' electronic mail addresses for only marketing purposes. She does not believe...
- How to stand out. Hawkins, Austen // Marketing (00253650);2/17/2000, p36
Provides tips on how companies can make their displays and booths stand out during exhibitions in Great Britain. Use of direct mail campaigns to complement exhibitions; Establishment of contact with the previewing press; Securing good publicity from exhibitions.
- DM test ideas to watch for-and watchout for. Lowenstein, Joanna // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/98, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p47
Present information on direct mail. Reference to Magalog; Comments from Stuart Jordon, vice president of Circulation Specialists Incorporation; Information on a research that was done; Details of what Allures produces.