District of Columbia: Gandhi: Tapping Reserves, Cutting Spending May Be Necessary
- D.C. Fiscal Chief Urges Revamp of Replenishment Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31618, p36
Natwar M. Gandhi, the District of Columbia's chief financial officer, says the city council should scale back its proposal to extend to five years from one year the period for replenishing the local government's financial reserves after drawing from them, or risk not obtaining a bond-rating...
- D.C. Finance Chief Tells House Panel He's Optimistic About GO Rating Hike. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/5/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31650, p6
The District of Columbia's chief financial officer, Natwar M. Gandhi, told a congressional panel on June 4, 2003 that he remains hopeful that the city's general obligation bond rating will be raised soon. The district government is currently dealing with a potential fiscal 2003 deficit of 50...
- District's CFO: One Of a Kind. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;5/22/2012, p1
The article features Washington (D.C.) poetry-writing chief financial officer (CFO) Natwar Gandhi and his role as CFO. It says that Gandhi, who enjoys a level of certainty and independence, manages the debt and certification of balanced budget of the district. It adds that he took the position...
- CFO Gandhi Says D.C. Is Facing 'Economic Tsunami' in Fiscal '09. FUNK, LYNN // Bond Buyer;2/26/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33070, p5
The article reports that Washington D.C. is being hit by economic distress, according to chief financial officer Natwar Gandhi. The district is facing another $136 million revenue gap for the fiscal 2009 budget, bringing to nearly $400 million the total drop in revenues since June 2008. The...
- New D.C. CFO Hopes to Run A Smooth, Efficient Operation. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;06/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30910, p1
Profiles Washington D.C. chief financial officer Natwar M. Gandhi. Career history; Educational attainment; Plans during his incumbency; Factors credited for the improvement of the district's finances; Relations with credit rating agencies.
- Washington, D.C. CFO Natwar Gandhi to Step Down. DEBONIS, MIKE; STEWART, NIKITA // News India Times;2/8/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p13
The article offers information regarding resignation of Natwar M. Gandhi from the post of the District's chief financial officer of Washington D.C.
- Natwar Gandhi Leaves Post as D.C.'s Chief Financial Officer. SPRINGER, RICHAR // India -- West;2/8/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 12, pA2
The article announces that Natwar M. Gandhi has resigned from the post of chief financial officer of District of Columbia.
- Gandhi Talks About Challenges Facing D.C. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34010, p1
The article announces the retirement of Natwar Gandhi, chief financial officer (CFO) of Washington D.C., as of November 2013.
- D.C. CFO Expects to Report a Balanced Budget in 'Clean' Fiscal 2002 Audit. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31559, p4
Reports on the expectancy of chief financial officer of the U.S. District of Columbia Natwar M. Gandhi, for a balanced budget for the fiscal year 2002, in the comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR) to be released on January 29, 2003. Difficulties faced by CAFR in preparing the budget...