Cash Flow Woes Land Buffalo on Watch List
- Moody's: Beleaguered Oakland School District's Rating at Risk. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p26
Reports that Oakland Unified School District in California faces a possible state takeover due to a million dollar budget shortfall and a possible downgrade in rating, according to the financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. General obligation debts of the district; Percentage...
- Moody's: North Carolina Cities Look Stable, for Now. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p4
Reports the outlook of the Moody's Investor Service on the credit quality of North Carolina. Effect of state budget cuts on the revenues; Indication on the financial pressures of the state; Influence of the budget problems on the state rating.
- Budget positive. // Business News New Jersey;3/6/96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p29
Reports that Moody's Investors Service voiced concern over the impact of municipal aid and school aid cuts on local budgets in New Jersey.
- Moody's Eyes Connecticut Localities in Light of Proposed Aid Cuts. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31576, p25
Reports on the statement by rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. according to which it will monitor measures taken by Connecticut Governor John Rowland towards reducing budgetary deficit. Special report of Moody's with regard to the credit strength of Connecticut; Impact of aid...
- University of Arizona Readies Sale Amid State Budget Crunch. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p34
Reports that University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona is bracing for a possible second round of state budget cuts. Reasons for the University to cut budget; Rating given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the bonds; Amount of debts to be paid by the University.
- North Carolina Governor Signs $14.8B Budget in Time for Start of Fiscal Year. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31669, p4
Informs that on June 30, 2003 Governor Mike Easley of North Carolina signed into law a $14.8 billion biennial budget for the fiscal 2004-05. Factors on which the passage of the bill hinged; Features of the budget; Expectations of growth of revenue during fiscals 2004 and 2005; Credit ratings...
- Moody's Drops N.Y. State Outlook. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31528, p1
Reports on the lowering of New York's general obligation credit rating by Moody's Investors Service Inc. as of December 9, 2002. Debt amounts of general obligation and lease and appropriation; Acknowledgement of the state budget deficit by the governor George E. Pataki; Consideration of selling...
- Moody's Puts North Carolina Triple-A GO Rating on Watch List Over $1.1B Deficit. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p3
Reports the inclusion of North Carolina in general obligation bond rating on watch list for possible downgrade by Moody's Investors Service. Problems on budget shortfall of the state; Preparation of the state in selling variable-rate bonds; Presence of weak tax collections.
- Flint Mich's Deficit Earns Downgrade Threat. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31074, p30
Reports the possible downgrading of the municipal bond status of Flint, Michigan by Moody's Investors Service. Effect of the bond rating on general obligation unlimited tax debt; Projection of the fiscal deficit; Plan to file a deficit elimination plan.