Polk GO Case Goes To Iowa's High Court
- China to set up own supreme court. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p11
Reports on China's plan to establish its own supreme court in Hong Kong to replace the British Privy Council after the 1997 handover.
- The Month in the Supreme Court. // Congressional Digest;Mar1929, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p94
Presents the U.S. Supreme Court calendar from January 22 to February 18, 1929. Cases; Written opinions; Petitions for writs of certiorari.
- LI's facts. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/29/96, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p1
Reports that nine senators failed to push a proposed amendment to create a Nassau/Suffolk Fifth Department in the New York State Appellate System.
- Labour law. // Reporter;Sep92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p19
Focuses on the overturing of decisions made by the Federal Labour Relations Authority (FLRA) by the Circuit Courts off Appeals. Reasons or the overturing of decisions; Description of the criticisms for the FLRA; Examples of overturing decisions.
- The Supreme Court. Swann-Wright, Dianne // Footsteps;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p38
Discusses the structure of Supreme Court, the highest court in the U.S. Establishment of the Supreme Court to safeguard the rights and liberties of all citizens of the country; Members of the Supreme Court; Nominations of the members by the president of the country and confirmed and approved by...
- THE SUPREME COURT. Landauro, Victor // Junior Scholastic;1/5/2004, Vol. 106 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the U.S. Supreme Court.
- The Supreme Court AND YOU. Wilmore, Kathy // Junior Scholastic;1/9/2006, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p10
The article presents information on the role of the Supreme Court in the U.S.
- California court upholds Prop. 213. Howard, J.C. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/03/97, Vol. 101 Issue 44, p5
Reports that the 2nd District Court of Appeal in California upheld the constitutionality of key provisions of Proposition 213. Details on the proposition being an initiative approved by voters which prohibits uninsured motorists from collecting pain and suffering damages after an accident,...
- Who's in charge at the Nevada Supreme Court? McCrea, C.H. // Las Vegas Business Press;1/8/96, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p4
Comments on who is in charge at the Supreme Court in Nevada, the people or the judges. Two exemptions when the court's business should not involve the public; When should the public be involved; Why the Whitehead Panel attempted to hire attorney Herbert Ahlswede, as a private investigator.