Practice development news
- American Express acquires Goldstein Golub Kessler. // CPA Journal;Aug98, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p8
Reports on American Express Tax and Business Services' (TBS) acquisition of non-attest assets of Goldstein Golub Kessler & Co., an accounting firm in the United States. Terms of the acquisition agreement; Promotion of acting Goldstein chief executive officer (CEO) Jeff Yabuki to CEO of TBS;...
- ACCOUNTING TODAY'S TOP 100 FIRMS CONTINUE DOUBLE-DIGIT GROWTH. // CPA Journal;May2000, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p12
Looks at the `Accounting Today' magazine's top 100 accounting firms in the United States for the year 2000. Revenues of the top 100 accounting firms; Criteria of `Accounting Today' for the top 100 accounting firms; Ranking of American Express Tax and Business Services.
- AmEx taking look at Hausser & Taylor. Serres, Christopher // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/18/99, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p1
Reports on speculations concerning American Express Tax and Business Services of Minneapolis' plan to acquire Cleveland, Ohio-based accounting firm Hausser & Taylor LLP. American Express' acquisition activity in the United States; Remarks of key company officials regarding the speculations.
- Hausser sells half of firm to AmEx. Serres, Christopher // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p1
Reports on Cleveland, Ohio-based accounting and business consulting firm Hausser and Taylor LLP's sale of all its non-audit related services to American Express Tax and Business Services. Services sold under the purchase agreement; Reasons of Hauser and Taylor for selling; Division of Hauser...
- Acquisition scoreboard. // Practical Accountant;Nov98, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p8
Lists acquisitions in the accounting industry in the United States as of November 1998. American Express Tax and Business Services' purchase of Wolpoff & Co. and Berger, Goldstein & Co.; Century Business Services' acquisition of Marks, Stallings & Campbell, Saltzer Lasser Piccinnini, Poppe,...
- ACQUISITION UPDATE. // Practical Accountant;Jul2000, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p8
Lists accounting firms involved in mergers and acquisitions. American Express Tax and Business Services' acquisition of Whelan Barsky & Graham; Merger of Macdonald, Page & Co. and Schatz, Fletcher & Associates.
- Accounting For American Express. Bresiger, Gregory // Financial Planning;Jan2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p41
Deals with American Express' acquisitions of accounting firms. Number of accounting firms bought by the company; Reasons behind its acquisition activity; Potential implications of the acquisition activity of American Express on the accounting industry; Revenue expectations of American Express...
- LARGEST ACCOUNTING FIRMS. Patta, Gig // San Diego Business Journal;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, pA6
Ranks the largest accounting firms in California, according to number of local professionals, as of December 1, 1999. Includes KPMG Peat Marwick LLP; Peterson & Co.; American Express Tax & Business Services Inc.
- AmEx alliance shelters SAP from SMB market shakeout. Covaleski, John M. // Accounting Today;7/7/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the alliance of SAP AG with the accounting firm American Express Tax & Business Services in a bid to market to small and midsized businesses. Benefits of the alliance; Role of vendors Baan, Oracle and PeopleSoft in the industry shakeout; Details of the plans of the alliance.