A rose by another name is something else
- Small firm safeguarding. // CA Magazine;Mar1995, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p15
Reports on the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' (AICPA) creation of a Small Firm Advocacy Committee (SFAC) to look after the needs of American sole practitioners and small accounting firms. Monitoring of practice issues affecting small accounting firms; Appointment of William...
- The quality review program for non-AICPA member firms in the state of Arkansas, 1989-1991. Bryan, Barry J. // Arkansas Business & Economic Review;Winter94, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p1
Examines the quality review program of small accounting firms that are non-members in the Public Oversight Board of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) in the state of Arkansas from 1989 to 1991. Descriptive statistics on non-national accounting firms; Details of...
- US body promotes services abroad. // Accountancy;May2001, Vol. 127 Issue 1293, p14
Reports the plans of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants to set an agreement with accounting establishments worldwide allowing to provide United States services to their members. Advantages of the deal to members; Endorsement of the Web Trust logo; Goal of the program.
- AICPA Top Five Emerging Technology Issues. Kepczyk, Roman H.; Warner, Paul D.; Smith, L. Murphy // CPA Journal;Jul99, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p72
Evaluates the top emerging technology issues that will affect accounting firms in the United States according to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Voice application system; Smart cards; Knowledge systems and knowledge management.
- Ethics Releases Address Independence. Ellis, Laura // CPA Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p40
Discusses the rules from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) which addresses the ethical problems faced by the mergers and acquisitions of accounting companies. Alternative practice structures; Interpretation of the independence rule.
- Myths and Realities of Flexible Work Arrangements. Almer, Elizabeth Dreike; Kaplan, Steven E. // CPA Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p14
Deals with the survey conducted by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) regarding CPA with flexible work arrangements. Factors that prompted public accounting firms to offer flexible work arrangements; Survey methodology; Myths about flexible work arrangement mentioned...
- Improper Release of Proprietary Information. McAllister, Brian; Cripe, Brad // CPA Journal;Mar2008, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p52
The article reports on the benefits of industry specialization for firms in the auditing and professional services market in the U.S. It states that while industry specialization has benefits for accounting firms, it can also reduce firm independence and objectivity. The American Institute of...
- AICPA RECOMMENDS FEDERAL MOBILITY PROVISION. // Practical Accountant;Apr2007, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the recommendation of Special Committee on Mobility of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) to include mobility provision for the certified public accountants (CPA) and CPA firms in the U.S. The purpose of the committee's recommendation is to...
- AICPA Study Shows Women Making Progress. // Public Accounting Report;2/28/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the results of a study released by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants in 2006 which revealed an increase in the number of women attaining leadership positions in public accounting firms. Attitude of women toward alternative career paths offered to them by...