Following N.Y. Grants, Euro Brokers Signs New Lease
- THE BIG QUESTION. Roblin, Jessica // New York Family;Oct2012, p70
The article discusses the rent or buy options in local real estate market for families in New York City. It is inferred that the question of where to live is often the most important financial decision city families will make. It highlights statements from several well-regarded figures in local...
- Dear Landlord. Jaffe, Sarah // Dissent (00123846);Winter2015, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p71
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of joining the demonstration organized by the Crown Heights Tenant Union calling for a rent freeze among landlords who failed to heat their apartments.
- Managers on the move to fancy, pricey new digs. GEIGER, DANIEL // Pensions & Investments;9/21/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p0008
The article reports on the participation of the money managers in leasing space driven by the increase number of tenants who are willing to pay in the office buildings in Manhattan, New York City.
- Vice President Gore lauds federal Empowerment Zone for Harlem. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;3/11/95, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the pronouncements of former New York City Mayor David Dinkins and United States Vice President Albert Gore during the federal Empowerment Zone luncheon held at Columbia University in New York City, New York. Dinkins' citing of the onslaught of economic and social violence and...
- Office Rents Plunge In Key N.Y.C. Area. // American Banker;12/30/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 230, p11
The article reports that office rents in the Midtown North neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City (NYC) decreased 33 percent in 2009, to $59.31 a square foot, as NYC's financial industry remained in crisis, according to FirstService Williams, a commercial real estate services company. Asking...
- Tech, luxury, home improvement ink top retail leases of the year. PINCUS, ADAM // Real Deal: New York Real Estate;Jan2015, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p68
The article discusses the survey conducted by The Real Deal (TRD) magazine on 2014 retail leases in Manhattan, New York. Topics mentioned include the most expensive deal signed by technology company Microsoft Inc. in a building owned by Kingsville Investments, the most active brokers are from...
- THE INSIDER. Engquist, Erik; Michaud, Anne // Crain's New York Business;5/21/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p14
The article reports economic developments in New York. Bovis Lend Lease was hired by Columbia University as construction manager for the first phase of its Manhattanville campus. Hyatt, Marriott and Hilton are the three finalists to build a $200 million-plus hotel next to the Jacob K. Javits...
- Empty storefronts on upper B'way. Pasquarelli, Adrianne; Agovino, Theresa; Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;3/29/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p12
The article presents information on recent developments related to the real estate business on Broadway in New York City. It is stated that brokers from Newmark Knight Frank Retail, Robert K. Futterman & Associates and others are looking out for spaces ranging from 6,000 square feet at 2385...
- Consumers add to gift lists. // Crain's New York Business;11/29/93, Vol. 9 Issue 48, p41
Reports that New York City retailers expect a growth in business in 1993 as shoppers say they intend to spend at least as much in 1993 as they did in 1992. Analysis of results of survey conducted by Arthur Andersen & Co.