Judge Refuses to Dismiss Charges in AHERF Case
- Plant patent case determined. // American Nurseryman;10/15/2002, Vol. 196 Issue 8, p12
Reports the court ruling on the lawsuit filed by plant-patent holder Keith Kirsten against Weltevrede Nursery Ltd. in South Africa. Allegation on the illegal shipment of Canna Tropicanna; Absence of paying the PBR licensing fees; Payment of the legal remedy by the company to Kirsten.
- Title. // Assessment Journal;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p82
Focuses on the court's decision on the case involving F&J Enterprises Inc. and DeMontigny in Nebraska. Background of the case.
- The playing fields of Solihull. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Nov82, Vol. 93 Issue 1071, p41
Reports on Great Britain-based judge Robert Megarry's ruling on the tax case GKN Nuts and Bolts Ltd. versus Birmingham Works Sports and Social Club. Case background; Court's basis for its ruling.
- Court dismisses shareholder case against Brightpoint. // RCR Wireless News;5/7/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p24
Reports on the decision of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana to dismiss the lawsuit filed against Brightpoint Inc. by the purchasers of its common stock.
- WHEN SPEED IS OF THE ESSENCE. Burd, Michael // People Management;3/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p19
Discusses the drawbacks of the delays in the delivery of employment tribunal decisions. Effects of any delay; Comment on the target for the employment tribunal service of issuing decisions; Case wherein a delay is unavoidable.
- IN RE ADOPTION OF S.A.J.: JUDICIAL ESTOPPEL DOCTRINE BROADENED TO INCLUDE PARENTAL RIGHTS. Lansberry, Amy E. // Widener Law Journal;2005, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p569
Focuses on the case In re Adoption of S.A.J., in which the Pennsylvania courts had their first opportunity to address the application of judicial estoppel in a parental rights setting. Definition of judicial estoppel; Legal background; Discussion of several cases addressing the application of...
- CITY OF PHILADELPHIA V. COMMONWEALTH: A CYNIC'S VIEW OF THE SINGLE-SUBJECT REQUIREMENT AND GERMANENESS TEST. Bonanno, Kelly L. // Widener Law Journal;2005, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p605
Focuses on the case City of Philadelphia versus Commonwealth about a cynic's view of the single-subject requirement and germaneness test. Requirements of the Pennsylvania Constitution; Factual background of the litigation; Grounds for Challenging the Act 230 and the events that led to the raise...
- Propane Gas Distribution and the FLSA. // Labor Law Journal;Jul73, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p447
This article reports that the Court of Appeals at New Orleans, Louisiana, has held that an enterprise which purchases, processes and resells gas within the State of Georgia is subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) because the gas is piped in from other states. The Court rejected Greene...
- Realism in Statutory Interpretation and Elsewhere. Radin, Max // California Law Review;Jan1935, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p156
Reflects on the case of Manhattan Properties versus Irving Trust Co. in which the U.S. Supreme Court has decided that the landlord could not prove in bankruptcy for the difference between the rents reserved in the lease for the proportion of the term subsequent to the bankruptcy. Ways of...