Two Sides Wrangle Before Judge Over Georgia Authority's Powers
- DIAGNOSIS: CLUTTER. McElhaney, James W. // ABA Journal;Dec2003, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p32
Presents a case study of litigation.
- Trespassing on the law. // Body Politic;Mar85, Issue 112, p11
Presents an edited version of the transcript of proceedings in a case which involved two men standing on Grosvenor Street, in Toronto's gay district, who were given trespassing tickets for leaning against a wall that belonged to the Government of Ontario.
- Refusal Of Employee To Show For EBT, Court Holds Parties Were Free To Use Contempt Proceedings. // Insurance Advocate;7/22/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 27, p16
Discusses the issue of using contempt proceedings in the lawsuit filed against National Freight Inc. and its driver, Santiago Texidor.
- Advocates' Immunity from Suit in Respect of Conduct in Court. Chalmers, James // Journal of Criminal Law;Oct2003, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p401
Discusses a lawsuit demonstrating the advocates' immunity from suit in respect of conduct in court. Charges of negligence brought by the plaintiff to his former solicitor; Claims that the solicitor had negligently failed to identify an error made by the prosecution in framing the charges...
- A Court--in' We Will Go. Hislop, George // Body Politic;Jul/Aug72, Issue 5, p7
Explains court proceedings regarding indictable offenses in Canada. Court composition; Description and purpose of legal aid; Responsibilities of the Grand Juries.
- The Art of Rehearsing for the Courtroom. Ingle, Suann; Geenen, Nancy // Jury Expert;Mar2012, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p11
The article focuses on the importance of rehearsal for effective courtroom presentations. It says that courtroom rehearsal is important due to timing constraints being imposed by judges during trials. It states that rehearsal should be built on the practice segment and feedback, separation into...
- Courting favour. Penny, Emma // Commercial Motor;12/16/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5109, p36
Focuses on the importance of mitigation to transport companies that committed haulage-related offenses. Definition of mitigation; Examples of mitigating circumstances; Abuse of mitigating circumstances as defense in court proceedings.
- THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS! // ABA Journal;May2000, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p16
Deals with the court case incident involving attorneys Marvin Barish and Paul F.X. Gallagher concerning the case of Amtrak company and a former employee. Action taken by Barish that caused a commotion; Reaction from United States District Judge Herbert J. Hutton; Claims of Barish's attorney...
- Great testimony can save your injury case. Chandler, Matt // Buffalo Law Journal;4/12/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on the role of expert medical witnesses in American judicial system. It mentions that such witnesses remain an important component most personal injury and medical malpractice cases and selling them to the jury is also an important task. It also mentions that while witnesses...