Building Up 'Trannie Mae'
- Holmes Harbor Payment to Be Made Despite Legality Concerns. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31314, p3
Focuses on the plans of the Holmes Harbor Sewer District on an early payment of outstanding bond interest in San Francisco, California. Recruitment of a firm for the validation of bonds; Accounts on the validity of bonds sold by IBIS Securities; Legality over the sale of bonds.
- TBMA Urges SEC to Overhaul a Flawed Repository System. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31338, p36
Reports on the plans of the Bond Market Association to tell market groups about the imposition of additional disclosure requirements on bond issuers in Washington. Convention of the association at the Muni Council meeting; Market disclosure in the municipal level; Compliance of the companies...
- Instinet Adds Eurobonds To Brokerage Operation. // Securities Industry News;12/3/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p19
Reports the extension of Instinet of its range of bonds on its electronic brokerage in Europe. Inclusion of eurobonds; Addition of instruments to its services; Importance of offering brokerage in eurobonds.
- Orange County, Calif., Airport Foes Propose Park, Not Planes. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;05/03/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31131, p1
Reports the launch of a drive to block the construction of international airport in San Francisco, California. Assessment of the airport plan; Need of approval for the bonds; Comment of the airport supporters.
- Pittsburgh School District to Sell $40M. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32225, p2
Reports that Pittsburgh School District plans to sell 40.3 million dollars of general obligation bonds in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Wall Street bonuses soar to new heights in '05. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/20/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p4B
The article reports business developments in New York. The bonuses of Wall Street companies have increased by 15.5 percent from 18.6 billion dollars in 2004. ABI Research, a technology market research firm, has opened a new office in London, England. A wide range of public authorities in New...
- Coping in a tough year. Inklebarger, Timothy // Pensions & Investments;5/4/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p12
The article discusses the latest strategies of managers of long-duration and government bonds. It is said that safety reigns supreme this year with these managers with the top 10 for the 12 months being marked with two intermediate strategies, one short-term strategy and one multisector...
- Detroit Prepares $575M, Hinging on Audit Release. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/2/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32784, p1
The article reports on the plan of Detroit, Michigan to enter the market with up to $575 million of refunding and new-money bonds in January 2008. However, the transaction hinges on the release of the city's long-overdue 2005-2006 certified audited financial results. Detroit told that it would...
- Golden & Associates Ready to Tackle Circular 230, Expansion. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/8/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32855, p6
Reports on the readiness of Sherman Goldman's firm Golden & Associates PC to handle business under a revamped Circular 230 regime in the U.S.. Creation of standards for drafting of municipal bond opinions; Outlook of Goldman on the proposed regulation as an opportunity to further prove his...